Chapter 30: Thirty, Flirty And Thriving

CHAPTER 30: Thirty, flirty and thriving

5 years later...

"Until we meet again..." Mateo said. They were holding on to each other for the remaining minutes that they have together.

"I know that you won't." Eleanor cried. Her eyes are already sore and yet it still managed to shed more tears for Mateo. "You know that time isn't on our favor."

"Don't say that, my love." Mateo said. He wiped away the tears rolling down her cheeks. "I'm certain that I'll find a way to see you again."

Eleanor is aware that Mateo is only giving her false hope. She knows what's waiting for him on the other side of the time machine. This is the end of their tragic story.

As they were about to let each other go, the director shouted 'cut' and the actors broke into character.

"That was an intense scene!" The director praised the actors. "I can't believe the two of you pulled it off!"

"Don't give all the credits to us, director." Celina said. She's the actress who's portraying as Eleanor. "It wouldn't be that great without our talented writer, Lana."

I was just sipping wine from my hydro flask but now, I have the attention of our entire crew. They all applauded me for being an amazing screenplay writer. As of the moment, our TV show called The Girl Who Traveled Back To 1898 has the highest rating in Philippine TV history. We brought FPJ's Ang Probinsyano ratings to shame.

Our viewers are anticipating for the finale week. They still don't know the fate of their favorite main characters.

"Thank you for all of your hard work and without it, I won't be able to drink wine during working hours." I jokingly said and they all laughed.

"Okay, let's have a 15-minute break everyone." Director Joey said. "And as for you, Lana...we need to discuss about the finale episode."

"Alright..." I said.

Five years ago, I got fired from my job that I dreaded so much. I also experienced an existential crisis after losing Antonio. I was really on rock bottom and truthfully, I ended up having depression. I was losing interest on everything including my life. I'm glad that I admitted to myself that I needed help. I ended up having consultations with my therapist.

It was a hard journey but I managed. I started writing a story online and somehow, I got discovered. One thing led to another and now here I am... A woman with a successful career.

***

Director Joey and I went into his office. I sat across him. Without any hesitations, he gave me the finale script that I handed over to him a week ago.

"Why are you giving it back to me?" I asked. "Don't you like the finale?"

"Yeah..." He hesitated. "It's tragic."

"Of course, it is." I scoffed. "You are aware, right? the story is tragic to begin with."

"Well yes...but Filipino viewers doesn't like tragic endings, Lana." He said. "If we use the script you gave to me, they'll give us hate tweets."

"And that's supposed to be a bad thing because...?"

"How about you change it a bit, huh?" He said.

"What do you have in mind, Joey?" I pressed my temple. I can't believe he rejected my finale script that I wrote based from my experience.

"Let's say...he got reincarnated after sacrificing himself during the first world war."

"Okay, that's just absurd." I sounded displeased.