Chapter 12: The Two Men In My Life

CHAPTER 12: The two men in my life

I woke up feeling nauseated. I looked around my room and it's a mess and I reek of alcohol. I guess I couldn't handle my own alcohol tolerance after all. I stood up from my bed and I can still feel the taste of the alcohol in my tongue. I looked at my bed sheets and it had an awful smell. I guess I vomited on it last night.

How the hell did I end up in my room? I didn't remember going back to my condo. I think I passed out because I couldn't remember a thing.

"Lana! Someone is here!" Antonio yelled. I think he's yelling from the living room. Ugh, can people stop yelling my name early in the morning? I looked at my wall clock and it's actually noon already. Well, it isn't early after all.

"Tell him to shoo away!" I yelled back. Ugh, I can still feel my head throbbing. I am never going to drink again...maybe.

"He said that his name is Joshua Espinoza!" Antonio yelled again. My eyes widened when I realized that I totally forgot that I told Joshua yesterday to come over to my place today. I hurriedly went out from my room and I saw Joshua standing outside the condo. Antonio blocked the entrance for him. "Isn't he Ernesto's-?"

"Ah! Joshua!" I cut Antonio off. I nervously smiled at both of them. Okay, I didn't think it through. I didn't think of them that they'll be at the same room together. "It's such a pleasant to see you here."

"Well, you told me yesterday to come over." Joshua said. He and Antonio are staring at one another. "For a second, I thought I knocked at the wrong condo unit but who is he?"

"He's...he's the proof." I stuttered. When I looked at Antonio and Joshua, I can really say that there is tension building up between them.

Why do I feel like they aren't fond of each other? The two men in my life should get along if they want this teamwork to work.

"A proof...?" Joshua studied Antonio's appearance from head to toe until his attention diverted at the time machine. "And what is that?"

"...that's also another proof!" I nervously said.

Joshua completely disregarded Antonio's existence as he casually walked passed by him.

"Is this the time machine you're talking about?" Joshua asked. He studied the appearance of the time machine.

"Yes..." I sighed. "As you can see, it's roasted."

"What happened?" Joshua curiously asked.

"It actually got roasted after I followed Lana back to her time." Antonio butted in. I always wondered how it got roasted but I didn't know that it was already roasted when Antonio and I arrived. He apologetically looked at me for not telling me about it before. "I'm sorry that I didn't tell you sooner about it. It slipped my thoughts."

"You don't need to say sorry, Antonio." I said. I understand him that he completely forgot to tell me because he's overwhelmed about the fact that he's in 2019.

"You followed Lana back to her time? Does that mean that you're not from our time?" Joshua asked Antonio.

"I'm from 1898 and I'm General Antonio Del Mundo." He proudly said. Joshua stayed quiet for a while and I know he's still processing everything that he just found out. I hope handles it smoothly unlike Jay on the other hand.

"You see, I need to bring Antonio back to his time and the time machine is broken." I sheepishly said.

"I'm sorry I doubted you, Lana." Joshua apologetically looked at me. He held my hand and he lightly squeezed it. "I really thought you ate a pot brownie."