Chapter 29: The General's Journal (Bonus Chapter)

Note: This isn't the last chapter

***

CHAPTER 29: The general's journal (bonus chapter)

We arrived home around 5:30 am. We are all physically exhausted because of our lack of sleep but it's all worth. The Philippine Revolution will happen tomorrow and now that we finally brought back Antonio to 1898, we no longer worry about an altered present life.

Even though we're all physically exhausted, I am the only one among us that is emotionally scarred. Not only did I lost the love of my life, he had to be killed twice and the thought of it is too painful to bear.

I went inside my room and I immediately noticed the journal that is lying on top of my bedside table. Even though my body is dying to get some sleep, I couldn't help but get intrigued on what's written inside Antonio's journal.

I opened his journal and began reading the entries. He has plenty of goodbye gifts given to me but this is probably the saddest one.

***

Journal Entry #1

Jay gave me his unused journal. He wanted me to have it so that I have something to look back when I return to my own time. If I'm being honest, the future is quite intimidating. They no longer use kalesa and they have an endless supply of electricity.

Journal Entry #2

Lana and I had an argument. She was furious when she found out that I wanted to stay here. She wasn't in favor it. How do I even tell her that I'm terrified to die? It wasn't part of my plan to know about my death. Will she think of me as a coward now?

Journal Entry #3

Despite having no war, the future is scary. Lana almost got his by a car. Luckily, I pulled her away before she gets injured. It's too bad that the bastard got away of it. I ended up getting injured though but it doesn't matter. Lana's safety is my top priority.

Journal Entry #4

I think that I am likely to die from starvation than from war. I don't know how to use the stove and neither does Jay. Although he suggested a Filipino restaurant nearby that I should try. He gave me his allowance and I did not hesitate to try out their food.

The food and ambiance are great and I enjoyed being alone but not until Lana stormed inside the restaurant. She approached me and asked about my date. I got confused at first but then she muttered her brother's name. It must be his doing then.

Lana and I decided to have a drink but it surprised me that she drank five bottles. I noticed that her cheeks are turning red and she looked drowsy. I honestly enjoyed having her around.

She told me about her ideal date and for a woman living in the future, she's an old soul. It made her charming as ever. Everything about her tonight is cute.

It took me off guard when she asked me about my ideal girl. I told her the truth that I don't have an ideal girl but I did tell her that I like someone. As expected, Lana was curious to know about the person who captivated my heart. Lana is completely unaware that she's the answer of her own question.

The moment that I danced with her in 1898, I already know that she effortlessly captured my heart. I know that she's already important to me when I took her to my favorite place. I showed her how to have a good time because I was being hopeful that maybe I can convince her to stay.

The thought of Lana leaving the past made me decide to follow her here. It was a reckless behavior but it's the best selfish decision I have ever made.