P37: Dead Men Tell No Tails

Okay so because of school and all this work I haven't had time to write, and i have completely forgotten where I was going with this story so it totally won't fit, gonna skip like a couple of months ahead or something! 

Sorry for any spelling mistakes

Enjoy!!!

( 2 months later)

Author pov:

They case they had been doing 2 months ago, caught a break and the closed it within 3 days. Sophi had gone off somewhere in the world on a missions for hetty. Sam and callen had been asked to go to DC to help the team over there with a case. Well sam had been asked and callen tagged along, Gibbs won't mind.

So yet again it was just kensi, deeks, nell and eric, and hetty of course left in ops. Granger had done with sophi.

Kensi and deeks are sat in the bullpen when deeks phone buzzes at the exact same time as kensi's.  they look at each other then their phones.  it's eric telling them they have a case.

" what you got for us ? " deeks says as they walk into ops. " Navy officer found dead in a ally in downtown Los Angeles. Looks like a mugging gone wrong. Crime scene covered in fingerprints and forensic evidence. " nell says. " then why are we on the case if it's that easy? " kensi asks. " because he is a navy officer!  case should be closed withing 2 days though " nell answers. " address on your phones " eric says. " cheers " deeks and kensi say in unison as they walk out of ops.

The arive at the crime scene roughly 20 minutes later. LAPD are already on the scene but happily hand it over as it's just less paperwork for them to be doing. " $20 says he's been shot in the chest " deeks says. " beating on dead people now?  how low will you go?" kensi says looking at him. He looks back " your on " she says. They walk over to see the body. He had been impaled on a spike in the back of a alley. Deeks passed kensi a 20 while saying " well this is a new one, for round hear ". " yep " kensi replies as she stands the other side if the body to deeks. They both look around. " nell wasn't kidding when she said there will be loads of evidence...  boot prints,  blood splatter, fabrics on the body. Think this is gonna be a easy one" kensi says. " that's good since where on our own " 

They get down to analyzing the crime scene! 

They do as much as they can then leave the rest to the csi's and the ME.

They go back to ops and wait for the fingerprints from the crime scene to come through.

Roughly 30 minuets later eric called them back up to ops. They had a match on the finger prints, one 'Mathew Thomas' a local drug dealer. So of course deeks and kensi pay him a visit.

Only to find him scrubbing blood of his shirt in the bathroom "whats the bet this is from our dead navy officers ?" deeks says putting it into and evidence bag as kensi cuffs Mr Thomas who put up very little of a fight as he refused to hit a woman. He clipped deeks pretty good though.

[ 30 minuets later ]

Kensi and Deeks were in the boat shed with Mr Thomas, trying to get information out of him when Nell calls Deeks. He steps outside the room and takes the call. Nell says that it was the Dead Navy Officers blood on the shirt but it also has two other people's blood on it. Nell sends deeks the information. Deeks then calls kensi out of the room to tell her about the other two victims.

" DNA match says its a Mr Brett Ward and a Mr Bobby Clark. " Deeks says. "Could they still be alive?" Kensi asks. " no, uniforms found the bodies in the river 2 miles away" he replies. "Lets go and see whay mr Thomas has to say about this" Kensi says. They walk into the room and sit across the table from him.

" Three people" Kensi says. " whats the betting Mr Ward and Mr Clark were your partners in crime, and you killed them to keep them quiet. didn't you ?" Kensi states. " After all dead me tell no tails." Deeks adds. Mr Thomas just sits there. It's like he isn't even listening. Deeks stands up suddenly and slams his hands onto the table. " WHY DID YOU DO IT?" Deks shouts leaning close to him. after another 5 minuets of shouting and hitting the table, he caves in and confesses to everything.

"Well that went alot better than i expected. " Deeks says as he and kensi walk back into ops. " now we have the worst part, the paper work." kensi moans. deeks wines. They sit at their desks and start to do work.

[2 hours later]

kensi and deeks are sat at their desks with nell sat in callen's and eric sat in sam' all chatting way. Granger walks in holding Sophi's dog and two bags. " WHAT THE HELL. YOUR RAT JUST PEED ON ME "  Granger says angrily as he stands in the opening to the bull pen. Sophi hos around the corner on crutches and dives him a death stare. " you know i deserve it" he says passing Eric the dog before walking over to hetty in her office. Hetty laughs and insists on him changing before they talk.

"What happened ? Why are you on crutches ? why did granger deserve that ? did he do this?" Kensi says in a flash, rushing over to sophi. she just laughhs, as she hobbles over to her desk, slowly lowering herself into her chair while keeping her leg straight. " it's half his fault, but the other guy is dead so im blameing him." she says with a smile. " what happend ?" Deeks asks. " Well we were im a building on the second floor chasing , lets just call them a bad guy, when he sneeks up fom behind and disarms me, we fight for a while." she says pointing to the stitched up cut over her eyebrow and on her lip. " then he got my gun and put it to my head. which is when granger walked in. so ofcourse i get used as a hostage. luckily granger has one hell of a shot and he got the guy without toching me. unfortunatley for me we were next to a window and this 'bad guy' had his arm around my sholders so i got pulled out the window with him. Luckily his body and some rebar's broke my fall. Two of the bars going through the top of my leg. So im on crutches for a couple of weeks. " she says, sounding totally chill about the whole thing. " don't forget about your broken ribs" granger says walking past. " oh yes mustn't forget about them." sohpi says. The others sit there shocked for a while. " so it wasn't grangers fault?" Deeks ask. " Technically no, but he didn't give me a chance to disarm the guy so i had to fall out of a window. But im over it. I wouldn't have become an NCIS agent if i was afraid of alittle pain. " she says with a smile. " but i have gone six days without a cup of tea, so im going to get one and start my paperwork. just another day in the life of a NCIS agent." she says with a smile. Nell offers to get her tea and tells her to stay seated. They sit and talk till early hours of the morning, getting takeout untill eventually 3am comes and they all decide to go home. Its friday so they have the weekend off. well it's 3am so technically is saturday, but as deeks always says 'it's not moring till i wake up'.

Sorry its so short i wasn't too sure what to write next!

hope you liked it though.

sorry for any spelling mistakes.

please leave comments.

-Charlie x