Sass

Hi everyone! Thank you so much to all the new readers that seem to be enjoying my little book. I greatly appreciate the support! <3

Also, I apologize I didn't have an update sooner. I was actually writing an entirely different story when I saw a video on Instagram of her looking like she was sassing him and this idea came into my head. I hope you like it!

********

The first thing he did when he got out of the car, was search for her. They had arrived at the awards show separately, because of his later arrival due to the tour. It had been almost three weeks since they had seen each other face to face. His body practically hummed with anticipation to just touch her. Walking past the throws of screaming fans, he made it to the press line.

He posed for some pictures, quietly scanning the hordes of people, looking for the small brunette. Smiling to himself as he wasn't able to locate her, he walked up to the first interviewer.

"And here we are with Shawn Mendes... Hi Shawn, how do you feel about all the nominations..." the young entertainment reporter asked him, blushing.

"It's been incredible, and I am so thankful to how all the fans and the industry have received the song. Camila and I worked on it for about 8 months, so it's pretty special" smiling at the mention of her name. A flutter running through his chest.

He made his way down the row, searching the entire time. Being pushed along by his event manager. He finished the fourth... or was it fifth interview? He had already lost track. He turned to his left and was about to ask Andrew to text her when his entire world shifted. He felt goosebumps erupt over his entire body, the air became thick and laced with tension, his heart suddenly beating more erratically, his chest becoming tight, he couldn't breathe.

There she was, appearing before him on the other side of the press line, laughing with the person interviewing her. His eyes devoured every inch of her. She wore a strapless, sinfully red, skin-tight dress. The neckline plunging down almost to her belly button. It clung to her curves in all the right ways, the hem resting high up on her thigh. Her hair was left loose, to cascade down her back, some of the front pieces pinned back. His eyes traveled up to her face, taking in the exact matching shade of red lipstick on her mouth and her thick, full lashes.

He didn't even realize it, but he had been walking ever so slowly toward her. Ignoring photographers, interviewers and anyone else trying to get his attention. For him, he only saw her.

*

She knew the very second, he had arrived. She couldn't see him yet, but everything changed. She heard the crowds of fans start chanting his name, every hair on her body stood at attention, every nerve on fire. The air was heavy with tension and breathing became hard. It took everything in her to stay focused on the person asking her questions, and not turn on her heels in search of him.

She moved onto the next interviewer, asking the same questions. She smiled brightly at them, briefly glancing to her right she caught sight of him, and her breath stopped. He wore a loose-fitting white button-up shirt with the sleeves rolled up to his elbows. The first couple of buttons undone so she could see the exact spot on his chest she liked to kiss. He wore perfectly fitted black slacks and his beautiful head of curls were wild around his face. He was perfect.

She was snapped back to reality when the person asking her questions called her name. She laughed at herself and attempted once again to give her full attention to them.

"So, Camila, you and Shawn Mendes are going to be performing Señorita this evening for us, are you nervous to perform it live for the first time?" she smiled at the question, she wasn't, but she knew he was. He hated to dance, especially in front of people and there was choreography they had to do for this performance.