Acceptance

A/N: This is a little emo, but I make up for it by the end.. don't come after me!! 

You may very well need the walk-in freezer, with the holy water ice cubes.

*************

She could hardly believe she was here. Adele. With her mom! It couldn't get any more perfect than that. What was better for the soul of a woman suffering from love, then to pour her heart out with Adele. She and mama finally made it back to their seats from the gift shop, placing their bags under their seats. She looked over and her mom was attempting to fix her very runny mascara.

"Mama... I told you to wear waterproof mascara. You knew this was going to happen" she giggled, and she took a deep breath and looked around the stadium.

Her mom shot her a look, "I didn't think it was going to be this intense, she is magical..." Sinu sighed, slipping her handheld mirror back into her purse.

Before Camila could reply, the lights dimmed again, and a spotlight shown on Adele, standing in the middle of the small B stage and the familiar tones of "Make You Feel My Love" started. She gasped, looked over at Sinu and they both stood up.

When the rain is blowin' in your face
And the whole world is on your case
I could offer you a warm embrace
To make you feel my love

They linked arms and started to sway back and forth as the song started. Camila closed her eyes as she was caught up in the song, disappearing into the meaning.

When evenin' shadows and the stars appear
And there is no one here to dry your tears
I could hold you for a million years
To make you feel my love

Sinu spied her daughter out of the corner of her eye, taking in how lost in the song she seemed. She took a short step away from her, Camila's arm dropping to her side. Sinu quietly pulled out her phone and started to record.

I know you haven't made your mind up yet
But I'd never do you wrong
I've known it from the moment that we met
No doubt in my mind where you belong

Camila hadn't even noticed that her mom had stepped away from her. Her head was back, eyes closed and hand clutching at the base of her neck. Her black jacket hung loosely at her shoulders. Why today did the words to this song have so much meaning? Why did it feel like Adele was singing right to her? Why did the only person that she could think about, was him?

I would go hungry, I'd go black and blue
I'd go crawlin' down the avenue
There's nothin' that I wouldn't do
To make you feel my love

A tear found it's way free from her lashes and streaked down her face. Leaving a shiny wet trail in its wake. She continued to sway back and forth with the music, singing it to herself, lost in the thoughts of him. Goosebumps erupted over her skin as she imagined him there with her, his arms around her waist, her back snuggled into his chest as they swayed together. Him leaving a gentle kiss on her neck. Another tear escaped and she let out a soft cry, but she continued singing to herself.

The storms are raging on the rollin' sea
And on the highway of regret
Though winds of change are blowin' wild and free
You ain't seen nothin' like me yet

I could make you happy
Make your dreams come true
There's nothin' that I wouldn't do
Go to the ends of the earth for you
To make you feel my love

She brought her hand up to wipe the tears away and take a shaky breath, as the song finished. She looked over at her mom, who had tears in her eyes and had just clicked her phone off.

"Camila.... Are you... are you okay?" concern in her voice as she stepped forward to wrap Camila in a hug.

"I'm okay mama, I promise. I jus-... I just got caught up in the moment. Adele really knows how to sing to your soul" she said to her mother softly, pulling out of the hug. Running a hand over her face again and taking a deep breath she smiled brightly. "You ready to go?" she asked. Sinu smiled back, linked her arm with Camila's and they headed out to the parking lot.

How Many Waysजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें