one

(January)
'What if I mess this up?' I said to Cheryl who was sitting on the sofa in the lounge of our small apartment. 'Betty, you will be fine. I've spoken about you all week. They need the extra hands they will hardly turn you away, now stop worrying and get to your interview' Cheryl said while rolling her eyes in my direction. I grinned slightly and then said 'your fine here, right? Because I can always cancel...' but before I could finish Cheryl was in front of me pushing me gently towards the door. 'Go, I will call if I have a problem' she said quietly. I smiled and took a deep breath in before leaving the apartment hearing Cheryl say one last good luck.

Me and Cheryl have shared our apartment for the past year and a half. I struggled to find jobs and have had many within that time. Money has been tight and I needed to find a job soon, I hated having to receive loans or pity money. Walking through the streets of riverdale was peaceful, it was a small town, one where everyone knew you. But me, no one knew me. I was very private with my life and kept to myself a lot. Cheryl on the other hand was very outgoing and everyone knew her, she really was the best thing to happen to me. Family really is everything.

As I walked up to the bar, it was 2:48pm and my interview was in 10 minutes. There weren't many people in the bar and when I walked inside I saw the familiar pink hair that had been joining us for our family weekends. I walked up to her and she gave me a hug, 'Hey T' I said quietly while returning hers. 'How are you doing?' She said, I pulled away and rolled my eyes. 'Well everyday is choosing to be harder and harder but we're getting there slowly.' Toni smiled and she said 'don't worry about your interview, Veronica is the sweetest person you'll meet and Jughead... well just don't worry about him' I raised my eyebrows and before I could say anything a brown haired girl came round the corner. 'oh my god, you must be Betty. I have heard nothing but good things about you from Cheryl and Toni!' The girl beamed, she smiled widely and continued to say 'I'm Veronica and I'm in charge of hiring and firing people. My brother Jughead is in charge of the rest of the bar, he's... let's just say he's quite the character' I smiled at her while she continued talking.

About 5 minutes later we were seated at the bar and in walked 4 men, 2 wearing leather jackets. Veronica's face beamed and she said 'oi, come here. There's someone I want to introduce you to' they all walked over with smiles on there faces and Veronica started to introduce us. 'This is Kevin, my best gay. Sweet as ever and very protective of his friends. Then we have Fangs, his boyfriend, he works as security along with Sweet Pea, they may look tough but they are very sweet when you get to know them. Then finally we have the love of my life, this is Archie, absolute sweetheart, I think you'll fit right in Betty. Obviously you already know Cheryl and I'm guessing Toni as well. So the last person we need to introduce you too is...' but before she could finish, the door to the bar opened again and in he walked.

His hair was hidden below a grey knitted beanie in the shape of a crown, his clothes were dark and his jeans had rips in them and to top it all off he was wearing a leather jacket which hid nothing. He was well built and you could tell he worked out, I bit my lip slightly and I heard Veronica shout 'oi Jug, come here' I quickly turned back to face Veronica and when I heard the clumping of leather boots stop behind me I turned and offered a shy smile. 'Betty, meet my brother Jughead. If he comes off as annoying then ignore him, everyone else does' he had a slight grin on his face and then he wrapped an arm around Veronica's shoulder , 'now come on sis, we both know I'm the better sibling in this relationship...' he said deeply. Veronica rolled her eyes and said 'Betty here is filling the gap in the bar, so I'm warning you Jug be nice.' He rolled his eyes and said 'I'm always nice, I don't know why you worry' a smirk appeared on his face and he sent a wink in my direction before holding out his hand. I shook his hand and he said 'you'll fit right in Betty, just don't let my sister control you too much' this comment got him a weak punch to the arm before laughing and then walking off to what I suspect is his office.