thirty-seven

My alarm went blaring the next morning waking me up, I rolled to turn it off and then Jugheads arm came around me. I smiled knowing he was still here and hadn't left for work yet, I went to ease into his embrace when I felt a sinking feeling in my stomach. I moved from his arms and went into the bathroom leaving Jughead calling my name. I headed over to the sink and after about 5 minutes the feeling disappeared and i felt better. Jughead walked in a minute later and said 'you alright Betts?' I nodded and turned to him 'just felt like I was going to be sick, but I'm good' he smiled and said 'good, now breakfast?' I smiled and said 'that's sound amazing, you gonna get ally up? After yesterday I think she needs it' he smiled and said 'I've got her, you gonna have a shower?' I nodded and said, 'I'll be down soon, save me some pancakes?' He kissed my lips before leaving the bathroom.

I took a deep breath and reached into the cabinet above the sink to pull out a pregnancy test. It had been a month and a half, almost 2 months since me and jug had started trying. I was feeling sick this morning and unless I'm getting ill I don't think I could ever mistake anything more for morning sickness. I started the shower and then took the test, as I left it on the side while I showered I was scared and worried for the result.

When I was ready I hop out of the shower and when I was dry I held the test in front of me, trying to buck up the courage to flip it over. I counted down from 3 and then turned the test over: POSITIVE.

I smiled from cheek to cheek and then a tear slid down my face, we're pregnant!

I sorted myself out and hid the pregnancy test in my back pocket, when I headed downstairs breakfast was pretty much ready. Ally was in the living room watching telly and I realised this was the best time. I walked into the kitchen and wrapped my arms around his waist, he smiled and then turned to face me. His hands dropped lower and then he felt the test in my pocket, 'what's this?' He said while pulling it out of my pocket, I smiled and when he bought it round to see, his eyes widened. I laid my head on his chest and he said 'p... positive. We're pregnant?!' I nodded and he picked me up and swung me round. I laughed and then when he put me down his lips found mine, I laughed and realised I had another tear rolling down my face. He wiped it and said quietly, 'we're going to have a baby!' I nodded and then he rested his forehead on mine, 'I love you so much' I said while hugging him close, he smiled widely and kissed me. In between kisses he said 'I.... love you.... so much' I smiled widely and then I said 'we need to get ally to school' he nodded and then walked into the lounge to get ally for her breakfast.

We decided against telling anyone until we had been to a doctors appointment but we were sure and we were happy. My doctors appointment was in a few days and when we both headed into work today let's just say we were very smiley.

It reached around lunchtime and I started to feel really sick, I ran to the bathroom and threw up. Veronica followed soon after and said 'B? Are you okay?' I nodded and said 'I'm fine, don't worry' she raised her eyebrows while I flushed the toilet and went to wash my hands she said 'maybe you should head home?' I shook my head and I said 'Veronica, I'm fine. Probably just ate something that didn't agree with me' she shook her head and said 'I'm going to talk to Jughead, he'll send you home' I laughed and said 'Veronica, I'm fine. He won't send me home' she turned and walked away, happily walking to Jugheads office.

I got back to the bar and about 10 minutes later Jughead came out with Veronica following, he sat by the bar and said 'you alright?' I nodded and smiled saying 'it's fine, it passed and I feel fine now. Promise' he nodded and said 'if you don't feel right then you can go home' I nodded and said 'I'm okay jug' he smiled and then kissed my cheek before saying 'okay, come find me in a bit?' I nodded and watched as he walked back to his office leaving Veronica really confused. She eventually shook it off and then went back to her work.