twenty-two

We sat in silence for a while until eventually I said 'look at me jug...' I turned to face him and he slowly looked from the floor to my face. His eyes red rimmed and fresh tears running down his face, I raised my hands to wipe away his tears when he moved his head away. 'Don't...' I whispered while tilting his head back up again, he failed to meet my eyes so I moved to kneel in front of him. I wiped away his tears but they kept coming, I smiled weakly and said 'come home' he shook his head and I caressed his face, 'come home jug... please' he didn't say anything and I moved closer. I was directly between him and I kissed his forehead and then his cheek. 'We need to get back to our daughter jug... so let's go home' I said while trying to reach his lips, he avoided my kiss and I said 'I want you to look at me jug' he looked up slowly and then I smiled and said 'I love you jug, no matter what. So please can we go home?' He nodded slowly and I lent forward, I captured his lips in a sweet kiss. At first he was hesitant to kiss me back but he did, when I pulled away and stood up I held out my hand in hopes he would take it. He did and I smiled at him, he walked to grab his shoes and I quickly went into the kitchen. I saw Archie standing by the oven and I said 'thank you, I'm sorry. I'll send Veronica home when we get there' Archie nodded and kissed the side of my head 'it's no problem Betty, just go easy on him' I smiled and nodded my head before finding Jughead standing by the door ready to leave.

We walked home in silence and when we reached outside the house I grabbed his arm and turned him to face me. 'Talk to me, please jug' I said while caressing his face, he sighed and said 'I just don't know what to say Betty' I sighed and said 'then I'll start. I love you jug and I'm not going anywhere, I understand why you didn't want to say anything. I'm still pissed that I found out from Robbie and not from you but I can get over that, so don't shut me out. You're our family, you're my boyfriend, you're ally's dad. I get your sad and upset but I'm here jug, you're not alone anymore, you can't close yourself off like you normally would. So when I say talk to me jug, I mean talk to me, I'm here to listen and help you. But I can't do that if you block me out' another tear ran down his face and for the first time in the last hour he reached for me. His hands were on my hips holding me to his body, I rested my forehead against his and he took a deep breathe. He didn't talk for a few minutes so I pulled away gently and said 'let's get inside and go to bed, we can talk in the morning' he nodded slowly and we went inside to see Veronica asleep on the sofa. I walked up to her and woke her up, she smiled sleepily and I said 'you can go home V, archies waiting for you' she nodded and then saw Jughead behind me. When she stood up to leave she said to him 'I love you jug, we'll pop round tomorrow. Me and Archie' he nodded his head and hugged her tightly, 'I love you too Ronnie' he said when he pulled away.

Veronica left soon after and Jughead headed upstairs to bed, I turned off all the lights and locked the doors before going to bed myself. I walked into our bedroom to see Jughead sitting on the edge of the bed, I got in next to him and I waited for him to lie down. After 10 minutes he laid down, he faced me but didn't make any attempt to reach me, I smiled and then sighed before moving closer to him. I cuddled into his chest and held him to me, he was tensed but when I said 'hold me jug, please' he eased up and wrapped his arms around me. My face in the side of his neck and his mouth pressed to my forehead, I fit into him perfectly and I felt safe in his embrace. I was drifting off to sleep when I heard our bedroom door open, I sat up from Jugheads hold and saw ally carrying hotdog and Jugheads beanie. She came closer and I could see she was upset, I opened my arms and Jughead turned to face her as well. She climbed up into the bed and into the middle of me and Jughead, bad dream, scary she said as another tear fell from her face. I smiled and brushed the tear away from her face your okay now, it was just a dream baby I signed back. She nodded her head and then turned to Jughead, he smiled weakly and she signed to him dada cuddle she curled up next to him waiting for a hug, he was hesitant and looked at me for what I'm guessing was permission. I took his hand and I said 'stop thinking and hug your daughter' he smiled before wrapping his arms around ally and hugging her tightly.