forty-three

Waking up the next day was difficult, it had been a long afternoon the day before and my body was now reminding me I was pregnant. I looked over in the corner of the room and saw all of the presents everyone had got for us and also the canvases, one for Ally and one for our baby boy. I rolled over hoping to see Jughead but the bed was empty, I sat up slowly and saw that he wasn't in the room. I stood up heading into the bathroom before leaving to walk downstairs. When I reached the kitchen I saw Jughead dressed, drinking a cup of coffee. I quietly moved and wrapped my arms around his waist, I felt him relax into my touch and then he said 'hi sweetheart' I smiled and said 'morning' he kissed the top of my head and I said 'are you leaving?' He nodded and said 'it's a three hour drive and we need to be there for 10. I'm taking Archie and Charlie with me as there going to fill in for me when the baby's born' I nodded and then said 'can you at least say goodbye to Ally before you go, otherwise she'll be sad she didn't get to say goodbye' he nodded and said 'I'll go wake her up' I smiled and then lent forwards to kiss his lips. He happily kissed me back his hands moving to the bare skin showing on my back from where my top had risen up. I pecked his lips once more before watching him walk upstairs to get Ally.

10 minutes later he walked down with ally on his hip and her head rested on his shoulder. He sat her down on the counter and said hi mummy I smiled and then kissed her forehead, when I pulled away I noticed her pale complexion. I kissed her forehead again and realised she had a temperature, I smiled and said are you feeling okay baby? And much to my suspicion she shook her head, confirming what I knew. I brushed the hair from her head and I said okay sweetie. You'll be okay I looked at Jughead and I said 'she's got a temperature' he smiled weakly and said 'maybe I should cancel the meeting...' I raised my eyebrows and I said 'no, your going to your meeting. She'll be okay' he bit his lip and I said 'jug, I promise if it gets worse or if anything happens I will call you' he nodded weakly and then signed to ally I've got to go away tonight monkey, but I'll be home tomorrow she frowned and said no bedtime story? Jughead shook his head and said but I'll give you 2 tomorrow if you extra good for mummy ally nodded slowly and then held her arms up. Jughead happily picked her up and hugged her close, kissing her forehead. He pulled me into his side with his spare hand hugging us both and said 'promise you will call if you need anything?' I nod and said 'jug, we'll be okay. It's one night' he nodded and said 'don't forget dad is right next door' I nodded and said 'you need to go.' He kissed ally's head and put her to the floor before moving to kiss my lips. 'I love you' I whispered while pulling away, he smiled and said 'I love you too' his hand went over my stomach and he rubbed small circle into the side hoping to receive a kick back and much to my surprise a few moments later our boy was responding with a kick making myself and Jughead laugh.

One more kiss to my head and Ally's and Jughead was driving away in his truck to pick up Archie and Charlie. I got Ally settled on the sofa, she had Jugheads beanie and hotdog in her arms and she hugged them tight. I moved to sit down with her and she cuddled into my side before saying mummy, tummy hurt I kissed her forehead and said I know sweetheart, you need some medicine her face scrunched up and I said if you want to feel better you'll take it she nodded slowly and then followed me into the kitchen. I reached for the medicine but it was on the top shelf, I was just about to grab a chair when FP walked through the back door. He saw what I was doing and he said 'looks like you could use some help?' I laughed slightly and said 'please, it's the children's medicine on the top shelf' I moved to where ally was standing and let FP grab the box, he happily handed it to me before picking up Ally who was next to me. She hugged FP and he said 'everything alright?' I shrugged my shoulders, 'it came on over night, temperature, pale complexion, tummy ache. She's not herself at all today' he hugged her closer and then put her on the counter but stood next to her to ensure she didn't fall.