forty-two

(November)
I had just passed the 5 month check. Me and Jughead attended our scan a week and a half ago, the doctor told us that the baby was healthy and was developing at the right rate. Veronica had somehow managed to persuade me and Jughead to have a gender reveal party.

I woke up this morning and I gasped lightly, I put a hand to my stomach and then shook Jughead awake. 'Jug' I said while in shock, he groaned and then I hit his chest again his eyes opened and he said 'what? what's wrong?' I smiled and then took his hand placing it on my stomach. He gave me a confused look until a few moment later I felt the pressure against the inside of my stomach. His eyes widened and he said 'wait, is that...' I nodded and then interlocked our fingers together, 'our baby' I whispered to him. His face broke out in a smile and he pulled me towards him, my stomach was now in the way of me being able to melt into him but I still got as close as I could. His lips pressed to my forehead and he whispered 'I love you' I looked up at him and fastened my lips to his before saying 'I love you too' making him smile before his hand dropped to my stomach again and he started to rub small circles.

I ended up falling back to sleep and so did Jughead, we then got woken up by Ally crawling into our bad later that morning. Jughead sat up slightly and lifted her up and onto his lap, she smiled before saying hi daddy he smiled and kissed her forehead hi sweetie, you okay? She nodded and then turned to look at me, I moved to sit up and then settled next to Jughead. His hand fell to my thigh and mine rested on my stomach before I signed morning baby ally smiled at me and then said hi mummy I smiled and then kissed her cheek. She moved so she was sitting in between us, hotdog and her blanket were by her side and she was playing with them until she looked up at us. She smiled at us and then she said talk? Jughead looked over at his bedside table and then said they're downstairs, let's go monkey she nodded and happily jumped out of the bed with Jughead following close behind. I laughed at them before standing up and heading into the bathroom.

5 minutes later when I was done, I washed my hands and then looked in the mirror. I smiled widely and ran a hand over my stomach, today we would be finding out the gender I was. I had no preference on a boy or girl but Jughead wanted a baby boy, he wanted a son. I left the bathroom and saw Jughead and Ally now back in bed, when I closed the bathroom door Ally's head turned and she smiled. I moved to Jugheads side of the bed and Ally stood up in front of me, she reached for me and I happily moved so I could hug her. I brushed a hand down the back of her head and I said 'I love you ally' she giggled and said 'I love you more mummy' when I pulled away I plastered her face with kisses causing her to laugh and fall backwards onto the bed. She was laughing even when Jughead enveloped her into a hug and squeezed her until her laughs grew uncontrollable. It made me smile, I rested my hand against the top of my stomach and Jughead smiled up at me like he knew what I was thinking.

We all sat in the bedroom for a while longer until Ally and Jughead headed into her room to get dressed. I put on my white long dress that showed my bump off perfectly and I paired it with my warm grey cardigan. I headed downstairs to see Ally dressed and eating her breakfast, when I passed her I kissed the top of her head. Jughead handed me my fruit and toast before leaving a kiss on the top of my head and grabbing his plate as well.

Once we finished breakfast I somehow persuaded Jughead to let me wash up while he got Ally ready, as I was washing the last of the dishes FP and Gladys walked into the house. I smiled over at them and said 'morning' FP smiled and said 'good morning Betty, how you feeling? Nervous?' I smiled and said 'little bit' he laughed and then moved to where I was, he kissed the top of my head and said 'you'll be fine' I laughed and let him take over the washing up. Gladys was sat at the table and said 'what do you want?' I smiled at her and said 'I'm not really sure, Jugheads convinced it's a boy but that might be because he wants a boy' Gladys let out a laugh and said 'FP was the same when I became pregnant with jug, determined and convinced he was a boy and he wasn't wrong' I smiled and ran a hand over my stomach, 'we had the first kicks this morning' I said feeling a pushing on the side of my stomach again. Gladys smiled and said 'wow, really?! I'm really happy for you Betty, you've given Jughead a family and extended ours, so thank you' I shrugged and said 'it was my pleasure, just so happens your son is extremely easy to love' she smiled before I said 'excuse me for a moment, I need to see what is keeping them so long' she nodded and laughed as I walked away.