fifty-six

The week after telling our families about the baby, we were scheduled for an ultrasound. FP was sitting in the living room with Ally and Hunter when I walked downstairs, I smiled widely and said 'hey FP' he smiled back and said 'morning Betty, how you feeling?' I smiled and said 'I'm good, we're good' he nodded and then Jughead walked into the room with some water for hunter. He handed our son his bottle and then said 'so, you alright for a few hours dad?' He smiled and said 'yeah, we'll be good. I'll probably take them to the park for a while' I smiled and then Ally walked over to me. 'Will you be a good girl for grandpa?' She nodded and said 'where are you and daddy going?' I smiled before saying 'me and daddy are going to see and make sure the baby is nice and healthy' she nodded and then said 'will you be back soon?' I kissed her cheek and said 'very soon, only a few hours but I know that grandpa will look after you and maybe if you ask him really nicely, he might let you and Hunter have some ice cream?' She smiled and said 'okay mummy, see you later' I smiled and then she walked over to Jughead 'bye daddy' he lifted her up and kissed her forehead 'look after hunter for us, bye baby' she nodded and then planted a kiss on his cheek before he placed her on the floor again.

Just as we went to leave Hunter runs up to Jughead and says 'daddy leaving, where you going?' He lifts hunter up and says 'me and mummy are going to go see a doctor for a while' he frowned and said 'why you do that?' I moved to brush the curls on his head and I said 'the doctor is going to have a look in my tummy to find a baby' hunter gave me a confused look and said 'how did the baby get there?' I looked at Jughead who was trying his hardest not to laugh  and I said 'that's not important, grandpas going to take you to the park today, is that okay?' He nodded and then I pressed a kiss to his cheek and said 'we will see you later sweetie, I love you' he smiled and said 'bye bye mummy, bye bye daddy' Jughead kissed the side of his head and then put him back on the floor.

We soon left the house and while we were walking to the car he said 'so, how are you going to explain to our 2 and a half year old about sex?' I sighed and said 'don't even get me started Jughead Jones' he let out a laugh but said nothing more.

Arriving at the doctors it all became more real, I started to become nervous once more and Jughead intertwines his fingers through mine. He would gently squeeze my hand when he felt me tense up and it made me feel better. My name was called soon after and we headed into the doctors room, 'hi Betty, Jughead. It's lovely to see you guys again, how's hunter doing?' I smiled widely and said 'he's amazing, running around causing trouble but he's a toddler' the doctor laughed and said 'so, another baby?' I smiled and said 'we think so, I guess today is conformation' she nodded and smiled before saying 'well if you hop up on the bed, I will grab the ultrasound and we shall have a look' I nodded happily while moving to lie on the bed.

I had lifted up my shirt and lowered the waistband of my jeans when she applied the gel. I let out a small gasp at the coldness and then she said 'so, do you know when your last period was?' I shrugged and said 'probably around 2 months ago but it kind of changes because I was on the pill' she nodded and then she gave the screen a weird look. She took the fob from my stomach and said 'will you just excuse me for a minute, I just need to check something' I watched her stand up and my heart sank. Jughead took my hand in his and I said 'jug, somethings wrong. Why hasn't she shown us the baby, I'm scared' he stood up and brushed some hair from my face and said 'hey, hey, baby I need you to calm down. I'm sure there's a reason, it's okay gorgeous' I took a few deep breaths and then the door opened. In walked our regular doctor and someone else, 'sorry Betty, I just need Dr Jenson to have a look at something for me' she said while letting the other doctor move to the ultrasound machine. I bit my lip and then Dr Jenson said 'hi Betty, I'm just going to apply the gel and have a quick look' I nodded and watched his face as he moved the fob on my stomach. I tried to read his face and then he turned the screen to me, 'you were right Dr Pearson, 2 heartbeats' my eyes widened and I looked up at Jughead who was smiling. I looked back at the screen and he said 'you're having twins Mrs Jones and by the look of things you have two healthy babies' I let out a small laugh and I whispered 'twins?' Jughead kissed the side of my head and watched as the doctor pointed out the 2 different babies.