forty-six

(December)
It was the first week of December, I was coming up to 6 months pregnant and my birthday was a few days away.

Jughead and ally had been very secretive over the last few days. It was currently Friday and I was just about to leave to pick Ally up when my phone rang, I smiled when Jugheads face popped up on my screen:

Betty: hi
Jughead: hi sweetheart, how are you?
Betty: I'm good, I'm just going to get Ally from school. Everything alright?
Jughead: yeah, I'm all good. I'm just calling to let you know that Veronica, Charlie and Archie are all coming round for dinner tonight
Betty: oh okay, normally they come on Monday?
Jughead: I know but it's your birthday on Monday so we won't have our normal dinner.
Betty: I thought we agreed no fuss
Jughead: that's what I said about my birthday but you did anyway, guess neither of us seem to listen
Betty: I hate you
Jughead: no you don't, but while I've got you. I'm heading into town to collect the crib, do you need me to grab anything else while I'm there?
Betty: no I think I'm good
Jughead: okay, i should be home by 5. Give ally a kiss for me
Betty: always, see you later
Jughead: I love you, bye

I put the phone down and then left to collect ally from school. She was very excited to see me and was talking the whole way home about something that happened at school.

When we got home she ran straight upstairs to her room and went to play, I prepared her a snack while settling on the sofa with my book waiting for Jughead to get home.

I soon set to making ally some dinner and got her settled at the table before handing her, her spaghetti. She happily ate it and I sat next to her, a hand on my stomach and smiling at my baby girl who seemed to be getting so big, so fast.

20 minutes later Jughead walked in carrying a box, he set it down before heading over to the kitchen where I was sitting with Ally 'hey, how my girls doing?' Ally looked over at him and smiled 'hi daddy' she said round her mouthful of pasta. I laughed and so did he while he kissed the top of her head 'hey princess' he said while standing behind me and wrapping arms over my shoulders. I lent back and I said 'how was work?' He shrugged and said 'boring without you' I laughed and said 'you're the one who didn't want me to work behind the bar now I'm 6 months' he sighed and said 'but I didn't realise you wouldn't come see me' I lent my head back to see his pout making me laugh. 'you're just a big baby' he smiled and then kissed my lips 'no, I just miss you' I smirked and said 'I'll come tomorrow' he placed another kiss to my lips before he said 'how's my boy doing?' His hand overlapping mine on my stomach 'he's good, been kicking a lot today' he laughed when a kick came from underneath my hand.

Ally soon finished her dinner and Jughead cleared her dinner plate up, ally was on the sofa when I came back into the room. I checked she was okay before walking into the kitchen to find Jughead finishing with her dinner plates. I wrapped my arms around his waist, my stomach getting in the way, he laughed and said 'I seem to have a baby kicking my back' I scoffed and said 'you're the one who wanted a baby' he smiled and turned to me. 'Hey, it takes two and you were the one who bought it up' I laughed and then eased into his touch, his lips pressed to my forehead 'when's your sister getting here?' He rubbed my arm and said 'soon, she said they would get here for around 6. She wanted to see Ally before she went to bed' i nodded and said 'well then, best get dinner ready' I kissed his lips and started to make the lasagna while Jughead finished washing up after ally's dinner.

Soon ally walked into the kitchen and she said 'daddy, can I have biscuit?' He smiled and said 'yeah sure' he grabbed the biscuit jar and said 'take 2 sweetheart' she picked out 2 chocolate coated biscuits and then raised her arms. He put the jar down and then picked Ally up and held her on his hip. She smiled and then said 'come and sit on sofa' he kissed her cheek and then said 'I would sweetheart but mummy needs some help' she frowned and nodded before saying quietly 'okay, I go back to sofa now' he kissed her cheek and when she was on the floor she walked slowly back into the lounge. I smiled at him and said 'jug I'm fine, dinners almost done. Go and sit with her' he looked at me and said 'are you sure?' I nodded and said 'I'm 6 months pregnant, I'm not an invalid' he laughed and then kissed my lips gently 'okay, I'll be in the lounge if you need anything' I nodded and watched as he headed into the lounge and sat with Ally.