twenty-three

It was now the evening, Jughead was just putting ally to bed and I was making him a coffee. About 15 minutes later he came back down stairs and into the kitchen, he wrapped his arms around my waist and kissed my neck. I smiled and relaxed into his touch, 'movie?' I said while turning to meet his eyes, he smiled and nodded his head. I quickly found his lips and he kissed me back before we both grabbed our coffees and headed into the lounge.

He sat down and I curled into his side, his arm firmly around me keeping me close to his body. I inhale his scent and then lean up to look at his face, there were bags under his eyes and I could tell how tired he was. I ran my hand across the side of his face and his attention dropped to me and he smiled weakly. I pulled his head down and softly kissed his lips before saying 'I love you jug, I didn't think I would find it again after Robbie, but I did' he smiled and kissed me softly back and quietly said after pulling away 'I love you too Betts and I'm sorry for everything that's happened today and yesterday. I know V told you about Charlie, it's just too difficult for me bring up. I didn't want to keep it from you but I thought if I told you about mistakes I'd made in my past you might reconsider being with me and I can't lose you or ally. You changed me, in ways I've always wanted someone to and as I got older, I never met a person who could break down my barrier, I started to give up. I thought I would never find it, then you came into my life and I met ally, you changed me, but for the better. So I make a promise to you right here and right now, no more secrets. I promise when you need to know something or you want to know about something I will be honest. I thought you would have left, taken ally and gone back to Cheryl after you found out about my arrest, it would have broken me if you had because I'm determined to spend the rest of my life with you Betts. When I think about the future, you are the only one I want to spend it with. No one else comes close. I love you Betty, more than words can explain' I smiled and I felt my eyes glass over, his thumb caught the tears that escaped and I said quietly 'thank you juggie, I'm sorry we fought, I was confused and pissed off not at you, but at Robbie. I left him behind 5 years ago but he's still finding ways to try and ruin one of the best things that has happened to me. Nothing and no one will come between us jug, if there's a problem we talk to each other first before jumping to conclusions. You didn't tell me because it's a painful memory, the same reason I don't talk about my childhood. You don't want to remember some of the worst things that happened and that's okay. I know now and I love you so much more. I don't want or need anyone else, your it for me. Ally is lucky to have you in her life, even though she's not your daughter you love like she was and that's all I've ever wanted for her. My future is with you and only you, our little family' he smiled widely and kissed my lips just as softly and as slowly as before. It wasn't heated and rushed, but there was love and passion, when we both pulled away he held me close but all the tension that was there before seems to have drifted away and all there was now was love and comfort.

We watched the rest of the film before heading up to bed, it had been a long couple of days and he was exhausted. I quickly stripped down to my underwear and threw Jugheads shirt over my head, his eyes watching my every move. When I was ready I got into my side of the bed and cuddled into his side, his lips planted on the side of my head sent a chill down my body. I looked up at him and he said quietly 'I completely forgot to ask, how did the talk with your mum go?' I filled him in, on what she had said and I told him that I had agreed to let her see ally as long as it was okay with him as well.

'It's your decision Betts, if you want her to see ally then let her' I smiled and said 'but your her dad, you have a say to, what do you want?' He smiled and pecked my nose 'I think, we keep it short. I don't fully trust her and until this whole custody thing with Robbie blows over we don't let her get too attached' I nodded and said 'I like that idea, how about I offer her Thursday afternoons as we both don't work and we can both be here to watch her?' He nodded his head and tried to hide a yawn, I laughed slightly and said 'how about we get some sleep? Ally's off to school tomorrow and then I have a shift' he smiled and said into my ear 'I love you' I kissed his cheek and said back 'I love you too.' I fell asleep to jug running his fingers through my hair and the steady rise and fall of his chest.