fifty-two

I held onto Jugheads hand tightly, neither of us had said anything since we left the house. We walked towards Sweetwater river and when we found a place on the edge of the river bank Jughead sat down. He gently pulled me down with him and I said 'right, I can't ignore it anymore. I need you to talk to me jug' he let out a sigh and said 'a few weeks ago when I told you I had to leave for a month you asked me why. You were confused as to why this job would take so long, I wasn't completely honest with you. I wasn't going to tell you about it until i was certain that everything would be going according to plan. There is a dress designer who would be willing to design and make your wedding dress for free, me and the guys helped renovate her shop to get it up and running. You would be one of her first customers, I wasn't going to tell you until I had asked you to marry me and then you found the ring...' I wiped at the tear that fell and then he said 'I took the job before I asked you because I knew you would say yes, as self centred as it sounds, I knew you wouldn't say no to me. I was planning on asking you when I got back, it just so happens I got back a week early.' I wiped at my face and I said quietly 'and now? What happens now?' He kissed the side of my head and says 'now, we go about our everyday lives and I'll ask you when your least expecting it' I let out a small laugh and then said 'I'm sorry about the ring' he shook his head, raising his hand to caress the side of my face 'it's okay, I think I've learned I can never really keep anything from you anymore' he said teasingly. I smirked and then rested my head on his shoulder, 'I love you jug, so much and when you do ask me, my answer will be yes' I whispered. I felt his smile and then Jughead said 'I love you too, now let's go home' I nod and let Jughead pull me to my feet.

When we get home we see Cheryl with Ally in the back garden, Missy is lying on the back porch and Jughead quickly heads upstairs to check on Hunter.

I headed out into the back garden and sat on the steps, ally ran over to me and said 'mummy, me and auntie Cheryl are picking flowers' I smiled widely and said 'wow, there so pretty baby' she handed me the bunch of flowers and then ran back over to where Cheryl was. She smiled at me and then continued to pick the flowers at the back of the garden. Jughead joined me a few minutes later with the baby monitor in hand, he sat down next to me and said 'he's still fast asleep, reckon we give another 30 minutes otherwise he won't sleep tonight' I laughed and said 'sounds perfect, I want a night with you all to myself. Three weeks really is too long to be without you...' I moved so I was in between his legs and I lent up to kiss his lips. He smiled into this kiss and I soon sunk into his embrace, he pulled me closer and I said against his lips 'jug, daughter present' he pulled away and sighed 'okay, pencil me in for later?' He said with a smirk, I smiled and nodded before pressing my lips to his once more and turning to face Ally who was laughing with Cheryl in the garden.

20 minutes later, Hunters cries filled the monitor, I took the monitor from Jughead, kissing his lips as I stood up to get Hunter. I walked upstairs into his room and when he saw me he smiled widely 'hi baby' I said while lifting him up so he was resting on my hip. He rested his head on my shoulder and I headed back downstairs to see Ally now sitting in the lounge with Cheryl. 'Where's jug?' I said while sitting down with Hunter on my lap, she shrugged and said 'he disappeared a few minutes after you left to get Hunter' I shrugged and just ignored that. I sat Hunter up and took off his onesie that he slept in, but just before I went to put Hunter on the floor I saw he was wearing a different t-shirt. I kissed his forehead and then read what the top said:

'Daddy wants to marry you. Say yes?'

I let out a laugh and looked up at Cheryl, she smiled widely and then said 'he's outside' I nodded and then carried Hunter to the back door. Ally and Cheryl followed and when I got there I passed Hunter to Cheryl. I opened the door to see Jughead standing on the back porch, he was pacing and when the door closed he turned to face me. He smiled widely and said 'I said I would ask when you're least expecting it, bet you didn't think I would do this today. Even though you found the ring and even though you know what I'm going to ask, I just want to say this. 2 and a half years ago you walked into my life and have stayed ever since. A lot had happened but you and Ally changed me in ways I didn't think would ever be possible. I gave up on love, until I met you. You have given me a daughter and a son and we're already a family, marriage is just a formality for us now. But I want to spend the rest of my life with you, I want to fall in love with you even more every single day. I want you to be my wife, so Elizabeth Cooper. Marry me?' I let out a teary laugh, I walked towards him, he had knelt to the floor and had the ring in hand. I said 'yes, of course I'll marry you' he stood up to meet me, slipping the ring onto my finger, I eagerly pressed my lips to his and kissed him through the tears that were still falling. He kissed me back just as hard and then wrapped his arms around my waist and swung me round making me laugh into his mouth. The door opened and Hunter came running towards us 'dada' he said loudly while holding onto Jugheads leg, he lifted him up and said 'good job buddy' i smiled and then Cheryl and Ally joined us as well. Cheryl hugged me tightly and said 'show me, show me, show me' I laughed and showed her the ring. As simple as it was, it was beautiful, she held a hand to her chest and said 'you did good Jones' he smiled and then Ally said 'what are you doing mummy?' I crouched to her level and I said 'well me and daddy are going to have a big party, I'm going to be in a pretty dress and so will you. After the party me and you can have the same name as daddy and Hunter, your name will be Ally Elizabeth Jones. How does that sound?' Ally smiled and said 'we be one big family with the same name' I nodded and hugged her tightly 'yeah sweetie, we will all have the same name' I kissed her cheek and then turned to Jughead who was now distracting Hunter.