twenty-five

Ally was on the sofa watching telly when I heard the lock to the front door, it opened and before I had time to turn around I could hear ally saying 'hi daddy' I smiled and realised the time was 3:30, he was early.

Me and ally hadn't been back long and I wasn't expecting Jughead to be home for a while, I turned around and saw him laying ally back down on the sofa before he met my eyes. He smiled before walking into the kitchen, his hands found my hips and he kissed my lips. I smiled and when I pulled away I said 'your early, I didn't think you would be home for another 45 minutes?' He smiled and said 'I know you're nervous and I didn't need you to be worrying so I came home early to be with you' I smiled and rested my forehead to his chest 'I love you so much jug' he kissed the side of my head and wrapped his arms around me.

After a few minutes he pulled away and continued to help me put away the shopping. 10 minutes later we were finished and ally walked into the kitchen, she wrapped her arms around Jugheads leg and said 'daddy come sit with me' he smiled and said 'what's up ally?' He picked her up and she laid her head on his shoulder 'I'm tired' she said quietly. I walked over to them and said 'do you want to have a sleep?' She nodded her head and said 'but stay with you and daddy' he smiled and nodded. 'Come on then princess let's go to the sofa' she smiled weakly and nodded.

When they got to the sofa Jughead sat down with ally in his lap and he removed her hearing aids. She settled in his chest and he rubbed her back until she was asleep. I sat down next to them and me and Jughead were talking for a while.

It was 4:27pm when I heard a knock on the door, ally was still asleep, so I left her and Jughead on the sofa while I went to answer it. When I opened the door I saw my mother on the other side, I smiled and let her in. 'Would you like a drink?' I said quietly, she nodded her head. 'Cup of tea?' I said next, 'yes please' she replied with. As we walked through to the kitchen we passed Jughead and ally on the sofa, 'mum, this is my boyfriend, Jughead' she smiled and held out her hand for him to shake 'its lovely to meet you Jughead' she said nervously, I smiled at him and he shook her hand back 'you too Alice' he said back. Just before we left to go into the kitchen I turn to Jughead and said 'can you start to wake ally up now, otherwise she won't sleep tonight' he nodded and said 'where did you put her hearing aids Betts?' I smiled and said 'there in her room with her pyjamas' he nodded and headed upstairs with ally.

When I was in the kitchen with my mum I said 'how are you?' She smiled and said 'I've been good, how have you all been?' I smiled and said 'we've been good' she smiled and nodded. We spent the next 10 minutes making small talk until Jughead came back downstairs. He was carrying ally in his arms and her box in the other, he walked into the kitchen and he said to me 'she's requested you before I put her hearing aids in' I smiled and happily took ally from his arms, when she saw me she smiled and signed mummy I kissed her cheek and placed her on the counter in front of me hi baby, did you sleep well? She nodded her head and said daddy found doggie pyjamas I smiled and said that was nice of him, now can we put your hearing aids in? She smiled and nodded and then reached her arms up to Jughead, she still hadn't noticed my mum sitting behind her but when Jughead picked ally up and headed to the sofa she saw her. She buried her head into Jugheads chest before saying shyly mummy, who's that? I brushed a hair from her face and I said she's someone mummy knew a long time ago ally nodded and then I said 'shall we head into the lounge?' My mum nodded and followed me and Jughead into the lounge. Ally was seated on Jugheads lap and he carefully placed her hearing aids in, when they were both in Jughead whispered in her ear 'I love you princess' ally smiled and said 'I love you too dada.'

While my mum was at the house for the next hour, we were talking and within the last 20 minutes ally had started to warm up to her and was talking to her. She mainly stayed by Jugheads feet but she was a bit more confident to the stranger by the end of the visit. Ally was now on the sofa cuddled up into Jugheads side when the doorbell went, I knew it was Veronica and Archie. My mum was just getting ready to leave when I said to Ally 'Al, come and get the door' she smiled as she ran up to me, I walked up behind her and when she opened it she smiled before running towards Veronica 'auntie 'ronica' she shouted while getting picked up by V. I smiled and I heard Veronica say 'oh have I missed you ally. Have you been a good girl for mummy and daddy?' She smiled and nodded before wanting to go to Archie to say hello.