six

It had been a few days, Jughead had to go away on Monday evening for a few days. Something to do with serpent business, but we hadn't yet spoke about the kiss yet.

It was now Wednesday and Kevin was desperate to see Ally. Today my shift started at 3:30 meaning Ally would be coming straight to the bar from pre-school.

When I picked her up that afternoon and told her she was very excited, I told her that Jughead wouldn't be there and she was a little sad but I promised her I would bring her back when he returned from his trip.

We walked into the bar and she was rested on my hip, Toni came up behind me and took her from my arms and said 'oh my Ally, I have missed you' Ally smiled and laughed 'I miss you too Auntie Toni' She kissed Toni's face before we went and sat by the bar. Soon Veronica and Kevin joined us and I started my shift. They were all playing with Ally and I will never get over the uncontrollable laughs that leave her mouth when she's around them.

About an hour later Veronica came and sat on the bar next to were I was working, because it was a weekday the bar wasn't very busy. 'So...' she said with a smile on her face, I wiped down the side and saw she was trying hard not to blurt something out. I sighed and said 'spit it out' a smile came onto my face as she laughed slightly. 'I heard that you and my brother kissed' she said quietly, my eyes widened and I felt a blush come onto my face. A laugh left her mouth and she said 'don't worry, he tells me everything. Even to this day he can't make decisions without the help of his younger sister' I smiled to myself and then I said 'we didn't really get a chance to speak about it, he left the next day' Veronica smiled and said 'well, you'll be happy to know that he's on his way back. Should be here in about 30 minutes, maybe you can talk then... or maybe not' she winked before walking away. My face was flushed and bit my lip as she walked away from the bar.

Later that afternoon, I heard the doors open and then a group of men entered the bar, I didn't think anything of them until someone walked behind the bar and stood next to me. 'Hi' he whispered, I quickly turned and I was faced with Jughead. I smiled widely and wrapped my arms around his neck, 'hi' I whispered back while his arms wrapped around my waist. When I pulled away his gaze drifted to my lips, I bit my lip and went to speak when I heard Ally from behind me ' 'uggie back' I smiled and watched as she ran across the room to the entrance for behind the bar. She ran straight into Jughead's legs and I heard him laugh while picking her up and tickling her stomach.

I went on my break and I followed Jughead into his office, Ally had gone back to Kevin and Veronica. I sat on his sofa and I looked to the ground, I didn't even know what I wanted to say. He dropped his bag on his chair and joined me on the sofa, 'so... we should probably talk about... about the kiss?' I said quietly, I saw him nod from my side and he said 'look betts, if you want to forget it happened, we can. I know you have Ally and you probably don't want anything serious...' I interrupted and said 'I don't want to forget about it Jug' his head shot up and I found his eyes. I moved so I was facing him and he was also closer to me. 'I'm happy, Ally's happy. I wanted to kiss you because I like you Jughead Jones. I have my reservations but there not about me, I haven't felt this way about anyone in almost 5 years and if we do this you have to be all in. I'm fine with heart break, but Ally. She loves you Jug and if this somehow doesn't work out I don't want to hurt her, it's a big responsibility and I understand if that's not something you want' I said in a whispered voice, his thumb was caressing the side of my face and he was smiling widely at me.

After a minute he still hasn't said anything and I laughed slightly and said 'say something?' He smirked and then removed his hand from my face. What he did next, shocked me. A tear left my eye as he started to sign I'm all in I wrapped my arms around his neck and hugged him tightly. His hug was just as tight back and then I whispered 'your learning sign language?' I felt his smile on the side of my head and then he nodded. Not much more needed to be said so i stayed wrapped in his arms for a few more minutes until I needed to return to my shift.