twenty

I wake up the next morning to see ally still asleep next to me, I grabbed my phone from the floor and saw it was 8 in the morning. I rubbed my eyes and gently shook ally awake, she yawned before her eyes settled on me. Hi mumma she signed to me I kissed the side of her head said hi baby, time to get ready she nodded her head and we both got up.

I quickly helped ally get changed and then took her downstairs to settle her with her toys. Once I knew she was happy I quietly went back upstairs, I opened mine and jugs bedroom door. He has come home last night and he was still sleeping so I quickly grabbed my clothes before leaving the room and getting ready in ally's room.

I headed back downstairs and made ally some toast, when she was sitting at the table she said no school today mummy I shook my head and said maybe tomorrow al she nodded and then continued to eat her breakfast. I wasn't feeling particularly hungry and avoided my breakfast this morning. Once ally had finished I grabbed her bag and said mummy needs to work, come and play at the bar this morning? She nodded and said dada come too? I shrugged my shoulders and said maybe later she frowned but nodded her head. She ran and grabbed hotdog to put in her bag and then her shoes. I wrote jug a quick note that said:

At the bar, had a shift until 3. Ally's with me.
See you later,
B

I left it on the kitchen side before walking out the house with ally holding my hand. We walked round to the bar, my thoughts still on mine and Jugheads disagreement last night.

When I walked in Veronica walked over and Ally attached herself to Veronicas leg. I smiled and then she said 'hey b, you guys okay?' I smiled and nodded 'yeah, ally has an ear infection so didn't really want to send her to school today. It's okay that she's here right?' Veronica laughed slightly and said 'of course, you know it always is, but what about jug? He's not due in until midday, thought he might be looking after her?' I shrugged my shoulders and said quietly 'didn't ask, he was still asleep when we left this morning' Veronica raised an eyebrow and said 'is something wrong between you too?' I shook my head and said 'no, we're fine' she rolled her eyes and said 'your as stubborn as each other. He said that last night as well' I looked at her and said 'he went to yours last night?' She nodded her head and said, confusion lacing her voice 'yeah? Didn't you know that?' I shook my head and said 'after pops I walked home with ally and FP he didn't follow. I don't even know what time he got in. I slept in ally's room last night' she frowned and said 'you sure your both okay?' I shrugged my shoulders and said 'I don't really know anymore' she smiled weakly and said 'he'll come around, he always does. He can't stay mad at those he loves for very long, I know whatever happened last night caused him to finally speak to me about dad' I smiled and said 'I told him to, FP feels like he doesn't belong here anymore and wants to move on. I told jug to man up and actually talk to his dad before he loses him again. That's where last night got us' she smiled and said 'he listened Betty, it just takes him a while to follow through' I nodded and said 'I should get to my shift, she's not got her hearing aids in so sign language today' Veronica nodded and then I crouched to ally's level and signed I love you princess, be good while mummy works. I'll come and see you in a bit she smiled and nodded while wrapping her arms around my neck love you too mummy. I then started my shift and watched as ally went with Veronica over to where Archie was sitting.

It was around midday when I went on my break, I joined Veronica and Archie. Ally was colouring and I ran my fingers through her hair. We heard the door shut in the distance and I saw a tired Jughead walk in. He couldn't see us but he started to slowly walk through the bar, I smiled and got ally's attention daddy's here her head shot up and she saw Jughead. She grabbed hotdog and signed quickly daddy, I want see daddy I nodded and helped her down. She ran as quickly as she could until she reached his legs, she wrapped her arms around one and then his attention drifted to her. He smiled widely before picking her up and using one hand to sign hi monkey she smiled and said back hi dada. She hugged him and then he said where's mummy? I quickly turned my attention back to Veronica and Archie when ally pointed over to the table. I could see them walking over and when he reached me he said 'hi' I met his eyes and said 'hi' he sighed and said quietly 'can we talk?' I nod my head while saying a quick goodbye to the others, I followed Jughead and ally into his office.