fifty-three

As we both knew, Hunter had us up at around 7 that morning, Jughead let out a groan before saying to me 'I'll get him' I nod and then Jughead presses a kiss to my forehead. I rolled over and started to fall back asleep, 20 minutes later Jughead came back in with Hunter. He had his dummy in and was carrying his teddy bear 'where's mummy Hunter? Where's mummy?' Jughead said quietly. I opened my eyes and saw as hunter pointed towards me, his dummy almost fell from his mouth but Jughead caught it just in time 'mama' he said while reaching. Jughead let out a small laugh and then placed hunter next to me, I wrapped my arms around him and I said 'good morning munchkin' he smiled and started to clap before babbling some utter nonsense.

Within a few hours Ally and Hunter had both been fed, Jughead had headed into his office for a few hours to answer some emails he missed when he was away. I was currently doing the washing when I heard tears, I put down the washing basket and I heard through the wail 'mama...' I headed into the lounge where Ally was drawing and Hunter was sitting on the floor crying. I moved to where he was and hugged him close 'shhh shhh shhh, you're okay baby. You're okay' he was still crying and then I said 'Ally, what happened?' She looked up from her picture and said 'he wanted to get teddy but he tripped and banged his cheek on table' I sighed and said 'okay, thank you princess' she carried on with her drawing when the doorbell rang.

I stood up, heading towards the door with my son still upset in my arms, I answered the door to see Veronica and Archie on the doorstep. 'Oh dear, bad time?' She said apologetically, I shook my head and said 'we just have a little ouch, don't we Hunter?' He buried his head further into my chest, I let out a small laugh and said 'please come in, Ally's in the lounge. I just need to grab Jughead' Veronica nodded and as she walked past me she kissed my cheek. Archie smiled and then brushed the back of Hunter head. As I closed the front door hunter said through his tears 'daddy' I nodded and said 'I know, I know you want daddy. Let's go find him' I kissed the top of his head as we walked towards the office. I knocked on the door and heard Jugheads muffled come in. I opened the door and when he turned around he raised an eyebrow and said 'what happened?' Hunters head rose at Jugheads voice and then he leaned forward reaching for his dad. 'He fell and bumped his cheek, it's a little bit red but he was asking for you. Also your sisters here' Jughead happily took Hunter hugging him close and helping to calm him down and said 'let me just finish this email then I'll be out' I nodded and said 'do you want me to take him?' Jughead shook his head and said 'no, he's alright there. I won't be a minute' I lent down to kiss his lips and said 'see you in a minute then' he smiled and pecked me one last time before I headed out into the lounge where Veronica and Archie were now drawing with Ally.

I sat down on the sofa with Veronica and Archie, 'so B, Jugheads birthday is on Sunday. What are we doing?' I shrugged and said 'he didn't really want to do anything, just wanted to spend the day with family' she let out a sigh and said 'why is my brother so boring' I let out a laugh just as Jughead walked into the lounge 'and yes Veronica, I did hear that' he said while sitting down with Hunter attached to his neck. She rolled her eyes and said 'then answer it, why are you so boring? It's your birthday!' Jughead laughed and said 'I'm 27, it's not really very significant. I just want a calm day, one spent with my friends and family' Veronica let out another sigh and said 'fine, if that's what you want. But can you give me something to do, I'm starting to get very bored' I look over at Jughead and raise an eyebrow, he nods his head and then says 'I'm just going to grab a snack for Hunter, Ally do you want something?' Ally looked up at Jughead and nodded 'can I have some crackers?' Jughead nodded and then put Hunter on the floor, he started to whimper and then ran after Jughead who had walked into the kitchen. I turned back to Veronica and I said 'well, you can help me with something...' Veronica raised an eyebrow and said 'omg what?' I laughed and then turned to Archie 'wow, your wife really is bored' he let out a laugh and said 'the bar has been running itself for the last year, yes she's bored' I laughed and then said 'well, I need to plan a little party. Family and friends' Veronica nodded and said 'okay, so party... for?' I watched as Jughead came back into the lounge. Hunter followed shortly after eating a cracker, Jughead had a drink and some for Ally as well. I smiled and said 'Ally, come here for a minute' she jumped up and came and sat on my lap. 'Can you tell auntie Veronica the news me and daddy gave you yesterday?' I said, she nodded and then Veronica said 'wait, your not pregnant are you?' I shook my head and said 'god no, too soon' Veronica let out a laugh and said 'okay, good. Ally please continue' she nodded and said 'I will have daddy's name soon, I'm going to be Ally Elizabeth Jones' I looked up at Veronica as everything seemed to click, she looked down at my hand before letting out a squeal and said 'oh my god, you're getting married!!' I nodded and let out a small laugh. Jughead sat there with a smile on his face and Veronica said 'when did he propose?' I smiled and said 'last night, but I kind of ruined it' she gave me a confused look and I said 'story for another day' she nodded and then said 'there's so much to plan, we need the engagement party, the wedding reception, the rehearsal dinner, the honeymoon' I looked at Jughead and I said 'I think I found our wedding planner' he laughed and said 'Ronnie, calm down. We're not in any rush' her eyes widened and said 'why not?' I laughed and said 'neither of us are about to pack up and leave, we have Ally and Hunter. So we wanted to take time to plan, this means it can be perfect and nothing is rushed, we also wanted Hunter to be a little bit older. We were thinking July, we wanted it to be a summer wedding, does that sound okay?' She sighed and then said 'fine, but I'm going to plan this wedding to every last detail' I let out a laugh while sitting back on the sofa and answering the questions that Veronica was throwing my way.