forty-seven

I woke up this morning to an empty bed, I forgot what day it was for a second until I picked up my phone. It's was my birthday.

I got up and went to get changed, I was currently in the bathroom brushing my teeth when I heard a knock on the bathroom door. I opened it and looked down to see Ally, I quickly cleaned out my mouth and put my toothbrush away before crouching to her level. 'Hi mummy' she said while hugging me tightly, I smiled and said 'hi baby' I stood back up slowly and said 'where's daddy?' Ally smiled and said 'downstairs, he said come wake you up' I nodded and then kissed her head. 'Tell him I'll be down in a minute' she nodded and then ran off back downstairs to where I'm guessing Jughead was.

I put on one of Jugheads jumpers with some leggings as it was comfortable for my bump. I ran my hand over my stomach to where he was kicking and I smiled to myself. I soon headed downstairs into the kitchen where Jughead was making pancakes. Ally was sitting on the side and she said 'mummy' Jughead turned around and he smiled widely. He walked over to me and kissed my lips gently, I wrapped my arms around his waist and I said 'good morning' he pulled away and said 'happy birthday' this made me smile and I said 'thank you' he left one more kiss on my cheek before heading back to the pancakes. I then moved to where Ally was sitting on the side, she had a piece of paper in her hand and she was waving it around 'mummy, I drew you picture at school' I smiled and took it from her, I looked at the picture and saw it was of us. There was me (with a baby in my stomach), Jughead, her and a dog by my feet. I kissed her head and I said 'I love it Ally, I'm going to put it on the fridge' I walked to the fridge and I placed it underneath a magnet so it was stuck to the fridge and then I said to Jughead 'can't believe she remembered the fact that I wanted a dog, I mentioned it ages ago' Jughead smirked and said 'she's just observant' I gave him a confused look and then he said 'pancakes are ready' I took the plate from him and he lifted Ally off the side and onto the floor where she ran over to her chair.

We all ate our breakfast quickly and then Ally said 'daddy can we give mummy her presents now?' He laughed and said 'take mummy to the sofa and I'll go and get them then' I smiled at Ally's eagerness and we went to sit on the sofa. She sat down next to me and started to play with my necklace until Jughead came back in to the room.

He was carrying 4 presents and he put them in front of me before sitting next to me. 'What have you bought me?' He smirked and then shrugged his shoulders, I rolled my eyes before grabbing a present. I smiled and said 'can you help me sweetheart?' Ally nodded and helped me to unwrap the presents he handed me. One was a new pair of trainers, he also bought me a new necklace that had a heart pendant on it. It was engraved with Ally and Jugheads name on the back, there was also space for our baby boy and a few more names if we decided to have more children. I smiled widely and said 'can you put it on me?' He nodded and then gently did the clasp of it up, he kissed my neck once and then I faced him with a wide smile. He moved closer to me and his hand fell to my stomach, making me smile even wider. I opened the last 2 presents and one was a notebook with my initials engraved and then a new jumper that Veronica had obviously told him about. I thanked them both but just as I went to get up Jughead said 'there might be one more little thing' I raised my eyebrows and said 'what...' but before I could finish ally said 'I go get it daddy?' He nodded and the back door opened and then closed again. Ally came walking back holding a lead in her hand and then there was the scuttling of paws. I looked at Jughead and I said 'no, please tell me your joking' he laughed and then ally bought the puppy round to where he was sitting. It was a German Shepard, who didn't look bigger than 8 weeks old. Jughead places the puppy in my lap and I was smiling so wide, he moved to lick my face and I said to Jughead 'i love you, thank you' he smiled and said 'anything for you love, I know how long you've wanted a dog and also Ally fell in love with her' I smiled and said 'does she have a name?' He shook his head and said 'that's up to you' I smiled and turned my attention back to the puppy who was now licking Ally's face and making her laugh.