three

(February)
It had been a month, a month since I got my new job. Things had been really good, Ally had been really good with me going to my shifts and Toni and Cheryl had both been lifesavers.

Today was a bad day for Ally, she had just got over a really bad ear infection and hadn't worn her hearing aid for around a week. Toni was suppose to be looking after Ally tonight but she had just come down with the flu. Me and Cheryl were both working and I didn't have a babysitter. Ally was cuddled into my chest and I said to Cheryl, 'if I called Veronica do you think she would let me skip today's shift' Cheryl just shrugged her shoulders 'B, it's been a month. They aren't going to judge you, just bring Ally with us. Kevin can watch her and she will literally be within 10 feet of you if something does go wrong' I sighed and said 'this is the first good thing that has happened to me in years, I don't want to fuck any of this up' Cheryl sighed and said 'well it's up to you B, but by the looks of things that little girl isn't leaving your side today so either I'll see you at work or I'll see you tomorrow' I went to say something else but Cheryl left the apartment.

I hugged Ally a little closer and eventually she crawled out of my arms and signed to me is you leaving? I frowned and nodded my head, she frowned too and signed Ally come too? I shrugged my shoulders and I signed back there will be new people Ally, are you okay with that? She nodded her head and signed I come please, I behave. Promise I smiled and nodded my head. She ran into the room and grabbed her shoes. I quickly grabbed her hearing aids and her blanket and put them into her bag along with some toys and colouring books for her to play with. When we were ready I put the bag on my back and picked Ally up to place her on my hip. She clapped her hands and we then left the apartment and proceeded on the short walk to the bar.

I was really nervous, I had become really good friends with all of them but I was keeping a massive secret from them. When we reached the door to the bar I pushed them open to see the practically empty bar. Cheryl caught my eye and she smiled widely, I gave her a sorry look but all she did was smile. All of a sudden Veronica turned the corner and did a little squeal, 'omg Betty, who's this?' I smiled and said 'this is Ally' Veronica's face lit up and she smiled at the little girl in my arms. I carried her over to the bar and sat her down on the table. Cheryl came behind her and picked her up, she swung her round and we received a very happy smile in response. When Cheryl finished Ally smiled and reached for me again, I sat her back down and she signed to me talk? I smiled and signed back are you sure? Do your ears feel better? She nodded her head and signed all better mummy I smiled and reached into the bag to find her hearing aids. Before I put them in I signed if they hurt tell me, promise? She nodded her head and I placed the hearing aids back on her head. She smiled and I said quietly 'can you say hello to Veronica?' She nodded her head and gestures to be picked up. When she rested on my hip, I saw Veronica watching us very closely 'hi 'ronica' Ally said while reaching for the new person who was in front of her. Veronica very happily took her and she smiled widely and said 'hello, what's your name?' Ally played with the pearls around Veronica's neck and said 'I Ally' I brushed her hair from her face and I said to Veronica 'I'm really sorry, Toni was suppose to be looking after her but she caught the flu and Ally doesn't trust easily unless I'm comfortable with the person. I was going to ask if I could cancel my shift but I know that Sweet Pea isn't here today either so...' but before I could finish Ally had spoken over me and she said 'mummy talking fast. Can I play with 'ronica mummy?' I looked at Veronica and she said 'B, everything is fine. I can't believe you never told me you were a mum, you could have bought her down whenever you liked. I will be happy to watch her while you work, and if you need to bring her down at any stage and it's busy we have Jughead's office. You'll be surprised how much he loves kids' I smirked and said 'are you sure she won't get in the way?' Veronica shook her head and said 'it's no problem at all, I have one question though?' I smiled and said 'I know what your going to ask and don't worry, she had reoccurring earaches as a baby when we took her to the doctors they told us she was partially deaf and her hearing would be limited. Me, Cheryl and Toni are slowly teaching her sign language so she can communicate when she's not wearing hearing aids. She's had a bad infection in her right ear this week and is very good when it comes to telling you when it's aching, if she does this just call me over. If you have any problems looking after her I will take her off your hands' Veronica shook her head and said 'Betty, we'll be fine. We will be in the corner booth and you can check on her whenever you want' I nodded my head and quickly took Ally from her arms to hug her. 'Will you be a good girl for Veronica?' I said while running my hand through her hair, she nodded her head and I said 'okay, I love you Ally' she hugged me tightly and said 'I love you more mummy' I smiled and shook my head. 'Not possible' I whispered while kissing her nose.