thirty-two

(June)
Betty's POV:
It was 2 days before Veronicas wedding, we were currently all having dinner at ours this evening in preparation for the big day.

These last few weeks had been really busy but Jughead always managed to make sure I was okay.

I got my stitches taken out and I was finally feeling like myself again, I still couldn't do any heavy lifting but things were definitely getting back to normal.

My mother had been coming to see Ally every Thursday like arranged and when she found out about Robbie she offered her support if we ever needed it. I was finally starting to see a change in her attitude and I could see how much Ally and me meant to her. Starting last week Ally started to call her nana, she hugged ally tightly and then looked up to me. I smiled and all she could say was thank you before she started crying.

Gladys and Jellybean have stuck around, Ally has loved having Jelly around and once all of their family problems finally got sorted Jughead started to except that his mum meant well even if she didn't handle it well. Things were still tense between Veronica and her mum but she was easing up as her wedding was just around the corner and she wanted her mum there. Ally had started to warm up to her but hadn't quite caught onto calling her grandma just yet.

Jug was finally opening up and trusting Charlie, he had been coming round to dinner every Monday night and it was nice to finally see Jughead seem relaxed and smile. Even though he would never admit it, he missed Charlie, he was family and you could never forget about family.

But the thing that had stressed me out the most was we finally got a date for the court hearing. It was a week ago when my lawyer called, she said that I would need to testify about what Robbie did to me. Not about this time mainly but the first time, when he raped me and got me pregnant. I had a panic attack when I first found out but Jughead talked me down and stayed with me until he knew I was going to be okay. I agreed to do it and Jughead promised he would be right next to me. The court hearing was a week after Veronica's wedding and because she wanted to be here with me, she postponed her and Archie's honeymoon until after the hearing so she could support me and look after Ally.

It was currently Thursday afternoon, ally was playing down stairs while Jughead and me were making dinner. My mum was running late but at around 5 the doorbell went and I walked with ally to answer it. My mum smiled at me while she bent to ally's height to hug her, 'hi sweetie' she said while kissing her cheek. Ally smiled and said 'hi nana, I drew a picture for daddy today come and see it' and ally ran off to the lounge. I hugged my mum and said 'everything okay? Not like you to be late' Alice shrugged off her coat and boots before saying 'I didn't want to say anything until I saw you... I had a meeting with Robbie's lawyer. Turns out he's trying to get me to testify against you' my eyes widened and I said 'ally, baby can you go and find grandma and grandpa for me please. I think there in the garden' she nodded quickly before running out the back door. Jughead walked into the lounge and saw my reaction 'baby? Everything okay?' I shook my head and I said to my mother 'I want an explanation' she nodded and said quickly 'it's not what you think, I know you don't fully trust me but Betty, I would never help him get out of prison. He hurt you and tried to make it seem like he was doing something you wanted. I saw you days after he tried to do it again, I would never support or protect him in anyway. Which is why I met with his lawyer. I told them that he needed to find someone who is stupid enough to help a rapist and a compulsive liar. I told them what Robbie asked me to do the first time I came here and what he was trying to accomplish. I then asked for the number of your lawyer and asked if what he told me to do could help in anyway, which is why I was late. I'm testifying against him, I don't want him anywhere near my granddaughter or you. You can call your lawyer if you don't believe me but I promise, I'm doing the right thing' I took a breath and I felt Jughead take my hand in his. I nodded my head and then said 'tea?' She looked up at me and then nodded.