thirty-nine

It was Friday morning, I was awake early as my morning sickness had really kicked in now. I went into the bathroom and threw up, while I was sitting in the floor by the toilet, the door opened and in walked Jughead. I met his eyes and gave a weak smile until another wave hit me, Jughead grabbed my hair and held it behind my head while he rubbed up and down my back.

Half an hour later when I was finally finished I flushed the toilet and went to stand up. Jughead helped me up and grabbed my toothbrush for me, I sat on the side of the bath and said quietly 'thank you' he smiled and said 'I'll be in the other room when your done' he kissed the top of my head and I nodded while watching him leave the bathroom.

Once I had brushed my teeth I headed back out into the bedroom. Jughead had got back into bed, I smiled at him before getting in my side and cuddling into his chest. I inhaled his scent and smiled, his arm came around me and said 'you alright now?' I nodded and said 'yeah, don't feel 100% but that is expected at this point' he nodded and kissed the side of my head. 'Let's go back to sleep' I whispered, suddenly feeling tired again, jug smiled and said 'okay sweetheart, it is around 4:30 in the morning' I groaned and said 'I'm sorry, you should have just gone back to sleep' he laughed slightly and said 'not a chance, hardly going to leave you to be sick by yourself' I smiled and cuddled into his chest. Nothing was said for a while, I kissed his shoulder and looked up at him. He opened his eyes and I said quietly 'happy birthday' he smiled and said 'go back to sleep' I giggled before burying my head into his chest. I was drifting off to sleep when I heard him say 'thank you' this made me smile as I fell asleep again.

I woke up a few hours later to the alarm, I turned around and hit snooze before sitting on the edge of the bed to get up. I looked back at Jughead and he was still fast asleep, I left him for a minute while I headed into ally's room to wake her up. I gently shook her awake and I said morning baby, how did you sleep? She nodded at me and said good mumma I smiled and brushed a hair from her face. I picked her up and I signed with my spare hand brush your teeth and then I'll grab your hearing aids, but don't go and see daddy yet she frowned and said why not? I smiled and said we're going to make him breakfast she smiled widely and then nodded. I put her back on the floor and she ran to the bathroom to clean her teeth.

We both headed downstairs, ally ran ahead to the kitchen and when I found her she had spotted her box on the counter. I made quick work of putting her hearing aids in and then I lifted her so she was sitting on the kitchen side.

We made Jughead pancakes with a side of bacon and while we put all of the plates and sauces onto the tray to take upstairs I said to ally 'sweetie, can you grab daddy's birthday card and present. There in the bag just next to the telly' ally nodded and ran away to go and find it. I carried the tray carefully upstairs and ally followed behind me, she happily pushed open our bedroom door and put the bag next to the bed while she climbed on and over to Jughead.

She giggled while kissing his cheek, this made him smile and he rolled her off so he could envelope her in a big hug. She smiled and then said 'morning dada' Jughead smiled and said 'good morning princess, sleep okay?' She nodded and said 'me and mummy make pancakes and eat them in your bed' Jugheads eyebrow raised and I moved over to the bed carrying the tray. Jughead sat up with ally now in his lap and he said 'betts... what's this for?' I shrugged and said 'I know you don't like your birthday but that's not gonna stop us from celebrating it. I am determined to make this the damn near best birthday you have had in a long time' Jughead smiled and leaned over to kiss me. I smiled into the kiss and he said 'thank you' I nodded and then we all camped out on the bed to eat our pancakes.

After breakfast was finished I said to ally 'do you want to grab it baby?' She nodded and quickly hopped off the bed to grab Jugheads card and present. Ally ran back to Jugheads side of the bed and he lifted her back up and onto his lap. She smiled and said 'happy birthday daddy, me and mummy got you a present' he smiled and kissed ally's head 'thank you munchkin, is this your card?' He asked, ally nodded and then he proceeded to open it.