sixteen

(April)
Tomorrow was ally's birthday and to say I was stressed was an understatement. She may only be four but I want to make an effort, this is the first birthday where I haven't been completely stretched for cash and i can actually buy her things she wants.

Ally was tucked up in bed and I was on the sofa wrapping her presents, after about an hour I heard a knock on the door. I got up to answer it and I smiled and relaxed when I saw it was Jughead. 'I'm here and I have ice cream' he said while walking in and kicking off his shoes. I closed the door and then wrapped my arms around his waist, 'you are a lifesaver' I said while he laughed and moved to hug me back.

After a few minutes I settled on the sofa while Jughead finished the rest of the wrapping. I was seated next to him with the tub of ice cream he had bought and feeling a little less stressed than before. Jughead was wrapping the last of ally's presents when I saw he had got her a present. I raised my eyebrows and said 'jug, I thought we went half on these presents... what have you bought her?' He smiled and said 'you'll have to find out tomorrow. Now you look tired, why don't we head to bed?' I instantly nodded my head and then we headed into my room. I quickly changed and got into bed, I was so tired I could barely keep my eyes open. I heard Jughead laugh before he got into bed, I moved so I was lying in his arms and I said 'shut up, you try looking after an energetic 3 year old who wouldn't go down for her nap today' he laughed again and then kissed the top of my head. 'Let's get some sleep before she wakes up again' he said while hugging me tighter. I nodded my head and said 'I love you' he kissed my cheek and said 'I love you too, tomorrow will be perfect' I smiled knowing it would be a good day because she had so many people who loved her. A proper family.

It was early, I felt movement on the bed next to me. When I looked up I saw Jughead and Ally signing to each other, I groaned slightly and said out loud to jug 'what's the time?' He laughed and said 'around 6:30. I told ally to let you sleep for a bit longer' I nodded my head and watched as Jughead signed to Ally mummy's tired, a little bit longer she frowned a little bit but when I reached my hand up to stroke the side of her face she smiled and I signed happy birthday baby she moved to lie down in between me and Jughead and said mummy sleep I nodded my head and quickly drifted off to sleep again. I felt Jugheads arm wrap around the both of us and he kissed the top of my head.

The next time I woke up it was now around 9am, ally was cuddled in to Jugheads side asleep again while he read. I slowly sat up and I caught Jugheads attention, he smiled and put his book away. 'Morning Betts' he said, I smiled and said 'how long has she been asleep for again?' He smiled and said 'around an hour and a half, she drifted off again at 7:30' I nodded and said 'I'm going to start on breakfast, can you wake her up and grab her hearing aids please?' He nodded his head and watched as I walked from the room.

A few minutes later I could hear Ally's laughs, the door to the bedroom opened and ally ran round to meet me in the kitchen. I hugged her tightly and picked her up for a hug, 'happy birthday' I said in her ear, she smiled widely and said 'morning mummy' I kissed her head while placing her back on the floor, 'let's have some breakfast then we can open your presents?' She nodded her head eagerly and Jughead sat her at the table ready to eat.

We ate our pancakes and bacon quickly as ally was eager to open her presents, she soon ran into the lounge and sat down on the floor next to her pile. 'Mummy, where auntie Cheryl and auntie Toni?' She said quietly, I smiled and said 'they had to work this morning but they will be at Juggies later for your party' she smiled and nodded here head. 'Can I open my presents now?' She said excitedly, I smiled and nodded my head, she dived in and her presents were opened extremely quickly.

Barbie dolls, play doh, clothes. She received so many toys and she was really happy with all of them. She smiled widely and climbed onto the sofa next to Jughead 'thank you mummy, thank you daddy' she said while hugging us both. I smiled and said 'you are very welcome baby' just as I was about to take ally to get ready Jughead kissed the side of ally's head and said 'I have one more present for you, mummy didn't know about this one' I gave jug a confused look and he just smiled while quickly grabbing the present from our bedroom. He sat on the sofa and ally came and sat on his lap while she opened it. As she peeled back the wrapping paper I could see it was cuddly toy, she looked at the dog and smiled. Jug ran his fingers through her hair and said 'this was my toy when I was your age ally but I don't need it anymore, so I thought you might like it?' She smiled and nodded her head 'I love it daddy, what his name?' He smiled and said 'I named him hotdog after our dog we use to have' she smiled and hugged Jughead, a tear left my eye and I eased into Jugheads side, 'I love you, so much' I said quietly, he squeezed my waist and said 'I love you too' and kissed the side of my head.