•Shadowpheonix• Wake up!

A/N
Very sad so get your tissues!
Shade is in a coma and Kai's always visiting him.
Giving him a gift for every celebration.

*Christmas day*

3rd persons POV

"Well, you know where to go!" the nurse smiled as Kai walked into his boyfriend's room. As always it broke his heart to see his boyfriend like this, with all the wires attached to his body and that nose mask covering half his face. "Hey, baby!" he smiled as he sat down beside the bed. "I just came here to... check on you and of course say Merry Christmas!" Kai laid a heart-eyes emoji plushy next to Shade. "It's nothing special but I knew I couldn't bring you any cookies or hot chocolate since... you can't drink or eat anything now..." Kai took his boyfriend's hand, almost starting to cry. "Neuro, Turner and the others will be here soon too! You know... to say Merry Christmas and give you their gifts! Hope you like them!" He moved closer, kissing his forehead. "Please wake up soon! I can't imagine my life without you!"

*new year*

"Happy new year honey!" Kai cheered sitting down beside Shade's bed again. "So sad you couldn't eat dinner with us! Cole threw up all night from eating too much! Jay and Turner played a video game to like 02.00 AM So none of us got any real sleep! I wish I could've visited you earlier but... Nya wouldn't let me, she said that I needed some sleep. Guess she was right!" Kai heard a knocking on the door before Turner rushed in. "Finally got out of bed?" he joked. "I maybe shouldn't have played THAT long..." Turner sighed and walked up to the bed. "What do you think buddy?" "Turner... you know he can't answer," Kai sighed. Embracing the fact that his boyfriend could either see or hear him. "Aw... I can still see what he thinks!" Turner smiled. "Right Shady?" Kai turned his head back to Shade more people than him was waiting for the master of shadows to wake up. "Everyone is waiting... wake up soon!"

*Valentine's day*

"Happy Valentine!" Kai smiled and placed the heart plushy next to Shade. "The others are out with their partners and... who am I not to spend the day with my boyfriend?" He gave Shade a small peck on his cheek. "I think about you every day! you have NO idea how often I call the hospital to ask about your condition and- I just want you to wake up!"

*Shade's birthday*

"Happy birthday!" Kai placed a ballon next to the bed and another one by the window. "Now I know how much you hate party hats, Skylor told me how much struggle she went thru after we saved Ninjago from Garmadon and you guys wanted to throw a surprise party for us! I still remember how much you complained about your hat when we were alone! So yeah... I'm wearing a hat instead! I would've bought you a cake but one, you can't eat it. Two, I'm pretty sure Cole would take it! So I bought you this!" Kai took out a small box from his pocket, opening his it and taking out a necklace with a wolf charm. "I know it's your favorite animal! hope you like it, wish you could wear it!" kai sat down in his chair again, stroking his boyfriend's hair. "The others have presents for you as well! And the doctor says that they'll be able to remove some of your wires soon! Great right?" Moving closer with a few tears escaping his eyes he whispered in Shade's ear. "I love you Shade! Please wake up soon!"

*Easter*

"Happy easter!" Kai smiled, taking out his gift. "I know I couldn't get you candy... So I got you this! It's a bunny that's holding an egg! A purple egg! Your favorite color! Do you like it?" Kai placed the bunny next to the other gifts and looked at his boyfriend with tears in his eyes. "Wake up soon! I beg you!"

*Halloween*

"Trick or treat honey!" Kai smirked, wearing his vampire teeth and red coat, cause a black reminded him of his boyfriend too much. "Sorry, I know you can't eat candy but... you only have like three wires now! That means you'll wake up soon right? Right..." Kai sat down beside Shade again, this time resting his head on his chest with tears streaming from his eyes. "Please wake up! It's been almost a year since the accident and I can't stand the thought of celebrating another Christmas, new year, valentine or ANYTHING without you! The doctor says that you just need time but... I can't wait anymore! Please wake up! I need you! I miss you! I can't live without you!"

"K-Kai?" A weak voice whispered.

Kai looked up, seeing his boyfriend's violet eyes staring at him in confusion. "SHADE! YOU'RE AWAKE!" Kai yelled and hugged him tightly. "K-Kai, what happened?" "Y-you don't remember?" "I remember leaving the monastery after our date, then everything is black!" "YOU'VE BEEN IN A COMA FOR ALMOST A YEAR!" Kai regretted is tone towards him, his boyfriend didn't seem to remember anything about the accident at all. "A-Are we at the hospital?" Shade asked looking around, his eyes stopping at the pile of gifts. "What's that?" "I-it's mine and the others gifts for you! I visited you almost every day and when we had a celebration I always bought you a gift! I was going to give you this today!" he handed him a pair of fake vampire teeth. "It was the closest thing to wolf teeth I could come!" Shade looked at the teeth in his hand, then at the other gifts, especially the wolf-necklace. "That's my birthday present to you!" Kai explained. "I-I've been out for a year?" Shade stuttered, tears forming in his eyes. "Yes! You have NO idea how much you worried me and the others!" "I'm sorry!" Shade whispered taking his boyfriend's hand. "I didn't mean to-" "Shhh! It's okay!" Kai interrupted him. "The important thing is that you're awake now! And you're with me!" They both hugged before Kai started walking towards the door. "I'll tell the doctors that you're awake AND get you some candy!" "Right... it's Halloween!" Shade chuckled, he was happy that he finally was going to get something to eat! If the doctors allowed it!