•Glacier• A special kid

Requested by TheANIMEArtist0209! Zane and Cole is about to adopt a kid when they meet someone... very special! Also, this happens in the same timeline as my Kailor shot but five years later!

Cole's POV

"UNCLE COLE! UNCLE COLE!" Korra squeaks, jumping around. "When is my cousin gonna come?" "Korra, me and uncle Zane are going to pick him or her up!" I answer. Kai and Skylor have tried to explain to her what adoption means, but she doesn't understand why some parents can't take care of their children. "Don't you know if it's a girl or a boy?" "No Korra! We haven't even met the kid!" "But you're gonna be it's daddys!" "Yes, Korra we are!" I sigh, man how is Skylor and Kai handling this? "KORRA! Dinner!" Skylor yells. "Comming mommy!" Korra smiles and runs in just as Zane walks out. "Hi, honey! Ready to be a father?" "I really am!" Zane smiles as we get into the car. When we've driven almost half the way to the orphanage when both of us hears a cry coming from an alley. "Zane pull up!" We stop the car and step out, following the cry to find a basket with a small baby in it. I kneel down and take a closer look at the kid, it's a boy and he has... red eyes? Wow! His eyes is the same color as Kai's gi! "Look at him!" I whisper. "What should we do?" Zane asks as I pick him up. "Hey, little guy! Who left you here?" "Should we take him to the orphanage?" Zane asks. "Well, we can't just LEAVE him here!" I say and start walking back to the car.

*timeskippy*

Zane's POV

"Thank you for bringing him in!" The lady says while taking the baby from us. "I'd say this baby is around eight months old and his red eyes sadly a possible reason to why his parents just left him..." "WHAT?" Cole yells. "HE'S BEAUTIFUL!" "Calm down dear!" I say. "But she's right! Some people believe that the baby is cursed if it has red eyes since they believe red is the color of sins!" "That is correct... he's not the only child with red eyes that we've had here! It's very rare but I doubt he's gonna be the last! You're the ninjas that's here to adopt someone right?" "Yeah... I guess rumors spread fast when we have to write our names down on papers..." Cole chuckles. "But yes we are!" "Well have a look around and tell me if you've found someone! There are so many children here hoping to be adopted! I'll take care of this boy in the meantime!" We nod and walk into the rooms filled with different children playing with each other and some rooms only have babies. "Do you see anyone?" I ask. "I don't know snowflake, I don't feel anything but... that little red hair he..." "Do you want to adopt him?" "I know that some children have been here for many years but..."

"You want him?" "Yes..." Cole answers. "I would name him Chris! I don't know that name popped up in my head when I held him!" "Then we should go back and tell the lady we made our decision!" I grab his arm and runs into the room where the lady is sitting with the baby in her arms. "Hello, boys! Decided already?" "Yes indeed, we decided to take him! We feel very attached to him!" "Ah, I understand! Well..." she says as she picks up some papers from her desk. "Just sign these papers and of course what you want to name him and then you're good to go!" I wonder what Korra will think when she sees Chris... Her mother's hair is red so I guess she won't think it's weird! "Snowflake you wanna hold him too right?" Cole asks as we walk out of the orphanage. "But I have to drive-" "I can drive! Hold him!" he answers and puts Chris into my arms. I step into the car and slowly start rocking Chris so he doesn't start crying again. "Do you think the lady at the orphanage fed him?" Cole asks. I do a quick scan on his body to see that his energy is at an average level but he's lighter than he should be. "We'll need to feed him some extra food in the beginning!" I inform him. "He's a bit underweight!" "Not surprised! His psycho-parents just LEFT him on the street!"

*timeskippy*

"Can I play with him?" Korra asks. "No, Korra! He's tired!" I answer. "But he's sleeping what if we wake him up!" "No Korra, he'll start crying!" Cole sighs. "Where's your mom?" "Mommy and daddy had something to do!" she says. "They want to be alone in their bedroom!" "Do you think it's appropriate for parents to do that when they have a five-year-old girl?" "I don't think so... but it's Kai we're talking about!" "Korra, why don't you go and see what uncle Lloyd is doing?" "Yes! He'll give me a lolly!" she squeaks and runs away. "When is that energy ever going to run out?" Cole mumbles as he puts up the camera so we can keep an eye on Chris if he would wake up. "As a five-year-old, it's normal for her to be this energetic, she wants to explore the world around her!" "Do you think Chris is going to be that way?" "Maybe... and Korra will think he's annoying cause she'll be ten..." "We'll just hope she doesn't have her father's temper!" Cole chuckles and hugs me. "Hey, snowflake... we finally have a son! Can you feel the love?" "Not sure, but I'll do my best to take care of him!" I smile and kisses him. "I know one thing! I love you!" "I love you too my little snowflake!"