Chp 3- Rules

Hrvy as Steven since he is so cute and totally adorable plus he perfectly fits with how I see Steven.

Neddy's POV

Rules.

The orphanage was actually busy and everyone including the matured children were helping in some cases but I didn't even know what or how not to be useless.

I stood there still trying to process what was happening around me. It was like being stuck in a shop full of people but you didn't know where to go as they passed by harshly and minding their own business.

It was another day after my emotional breakdown that I ended up sleeping on Maria's lap and woke up on the cloth made bed. I woke up without finding anyone around so I sat there for a long time while recapping my sorrowful life. Eventually I stood up with the old clothing that I wore when I came here and left the room to find a volunteer with food on a tray and a smile on her face.

She sat with me while I ate in the many cloth made bed that were squeezed in an intimate position. She didn't say anything but gave me pity eyes which ached. She showed me to the stalls where many showers lay and gave me time to wash myself with the apple soap. Once I was done she gave me clothes and disappeared so I walked around to know find people hovering around and me standing here like an idiot.

"Dear." A sweet humming voice spoke behind me making me snap my neck and look at Maria as she smiled. She wore a floral dress with sandals while her face was filled with makeup.

"Yes grandmother?" I questioned seeing how she sounded like there was something she wanted to say.

"This is Kathy." She said pointing her finger to someone that I never noticed was behind her.

She was definitely taller than me by a few inches, she was a brunette with soft brown eyes..her pale skin showed off her lips. She smiled flashing off her perfect set of teeth.

"Hi my name is Kathy Adams and is a pleasure to meet you." She introduced herself politely shoving her hand for a handshake.

I shaked it back and awakardly introduced myself as Maria wiggled her brows making me blush at how she kept flickering her eyes at Kathy then me.

"She will tell you all the things you need to follow and how everything works... and you could became friends..good friends." She said before departing.

Oh God I arrived here just yesterday and now I have Maria set me up on a date.

"Well that's totally weird." Kathy said before rolling her eyes, I could tell she caught on with what Maria was trying to do.

"Come on let's go somewhere quiet so I can explain." She touched my hand lacing her fingers with mine in order to lead the way and for the sake of me not getting lost but her hands actually felt like poison and the desire to remove them was harshly crawling on me as she ran out with me trailing behind her.

We arrived at the garden behind the orphanage and Kathy pushed me to the nicely cut grass so she could sit cross legged.

I signed before copying her format.

"So Neddy welcome to the Creak orphanage."

"Thanks.....I guess."

"Aw don't worry you'll definitely get used to it and you'll actually see how we are family a big family."

I didn't respond since I couldn't find the right words to respond with her words. I definitely didn't wish to open my mouth because painful words would flow out like a river.