Chp 15- Disappeared

Neddy's POV

Disappeared.

I walked with Kathy to School as she bubbled away.

"You are actually getting the hang of it...you know the orphanage."

"Fast learner." I answered with a smirk watching in awe as she chuckled.

"Oooh." She mocked making me roll my eyes.

"Hey Kathy I am going to be late today...on my chores."

"Why?" She whined before pouting.

"I have a job." Kathy chuckled with wide eyes.

"You're not even eighteen."

"A friend got me connected." I answered with a smile. Kathy whistled teasing me till we separated ways.

I walked to English passing through the graffiti that was know being painted by people. I felt kinda angry at that but avoided it as I entered English class sitting at my regular chair.

Mrs Tiffany was complaining about how her manicure looked all wrong making me raise a clueless eyebrow. When it started to fill up I sat up straight as joy came to me. I get to work with Pearl.

"Ok work on your projects." Mrs Tiffany said making me start on it since Pearl would probably be late.

A minute, second and Pearl didn't show. I nervously looked at her family who worked on their projects with silence.

I kept biting my lip but Pearl never showed. I looked around the School with my eyes expecting her lavender scent that will put me to joy but Pearl didn't show up.

Lunch was just me pretending to listen to Mrs Tiffany as worry consumed me entirely. I walked to mama Takis inhaling so that I could prepare myself for the work ahead of me.

"Hey there neddy!" Lenora skipped joyfully in her uniform as she put orders on a tray. I chuckled returning the gesture.

"Neddy boy!"

The nerd is in the kitchen!"

"Nerd!''

" Neddy!"

I rolled my eyes at all the greetings I got as I put my uniform on before going to take the orders that customers wanted and accidentally hit a chest. I almost fell but found my posture as I looked at a female with dark navy eyes and pale skin..her hair brown. She wore clothes that looked like that of a servant.

"Oh good.. please can I quickly get the plain chocolate cake with a coffee filled with cream...if you have anything that smells like lavender please give me." She added quickly making me blink and write them down.

When she said lavender I immediately thought of Pearl who never showed.

"Name is Lydia so please bring it outside." With that she turned and left. I shook my head before serving the last orders and heirs. I left the restaurant finding her outside with cash. She immediately gave me and left to the beautiful car that I saw at School.

The windows were dark but I thought I saw a person looking straight at me before I shrugged and entered the restaurant to complete my shift.

"Well nice work as always." Lenora commented as I carefully folded my uniform.

"Thanks." I replied as she asked a question that had me chocking on air.

"You need to get laid."

"Nah I am totally fine." I replied running a hand through my hair before facing her.

"You going to die single." She complained making me chuckle.

''there is still the future."

Lenora rolled her eyes before dramatically putting her hands on her hips.

"Tell me you have a crush." She said making me think of Pearl who had the perfect lavander scent and perfect lips.

"Nah." I said grabbing my bag while leaving a complaining Lenora. I inhaled before running to the orphanage since time was not on my side. I will definitely see Pearl tomorrow.. it's weird that I just met her for only two days but I want to see her more than I should.

"Neddy." Jonathan greeted when I arrived.

"Hey" I replied uncomfortably making him shake his head before pointing at the circle around the mat.

"I did your chores for you so I guess we can chill."

"Wow thanks." I appreciated before sitting down around the mat that looked like the triplets were in an argument. Jonathan sat next to me with an amused smirk and a raised brow.

"How can you not love Edward Cullen!" The two young Bell and bella complained pointing at his picture "have you seen him?"

"Yes and he is just a sparkly little Barbie." Bells said "Jacob has the booodddyyy."

"He is not fast."

"Wolves are faster."

"Well he didn't get the girl."

"Meh..Neddy tell em how's hotter." All eyes turned to me as I bit my lip thoughtfully. I remember Mrs Tiffany rumbling about this once and apparently her favourite was Alice Cullen.

"Alice Cullen."

"What?!!" They all screamed making me flinch and Jonathan laugh as he ruffled my hair and smirked.

"He is definitely right."

The triplets grimaced as we fell into a conversation that made me feel like I was a part of them. Hopefully I would see Pearl tomorrow.

****

One week passed

Two weeks passed

Three weeks passed

No Pearl came and it made me miss her more and more. I eventually worked on the project alone with Mrs Tiffany who looked relieved. Pearl's family looked like they were in stress but didn't show it. There was no lavander scent . No Pearl she just... disappeared.

Things at the orphanage were amazing except for Jonathan who kept flirting with me.. grandmother gave me a job to work in the garden for extra cash and Kathy, the triplets were amazing since we would spend time together. I wrote to mother everything that happened in the orphanage.

I felt incomplete though...Pearl actually made me feel a little full since she kissed my neck and saved me that made me feel like she wanted something.

But she just disappeared for weeks...a lot of weeks.

*****************

(Beyoncè--Disappear.) I dedicated this chapter with her song because it goes in deeper details with how Neddy feels.