Chp 33- Adopted

I am dedicating this Chapter to Billie Ellish's song named Ocean eyes.
Billie Ellish--Ocean eyes.

Neddy's POV

Adopted.

"You could be an enemy or just a quick kill." She said looking straight at me with a look that had me wondering if the Pearl who was all happy even existed "Pythons pull people in with their beauty.. their strength just to kill them."

"No."

"Yes...we may have done another twilight scene but neddy this is real... and I am a python." She pulled her hand away from my hair taking five steps back making me miss her hand and body heat "I kill... and watch as people lose life, heck I do it soo fucking slow and painful. I have already killed someone in creak!!!"

"No."

"I can kill!!. Who do you think made Josh blind and scared away your little bullies, shit Neddy I went after them and they didn't come to School for weeks!--"

"No."

"--Everything about a python draws you to it. It's perfect skin and rich desire for blood and--"

"Shut up!" I shouted suprising myself and Pearl who still had the poker face that greeted me the first day I saw her and shit it hurt seeing her hiding her emotions when I thought we had a bond "You are not a killer!! Ok!?! Stop trying to push me away with your title!!. All the times we have spend together are not dust! They mean something to me.. they look unromantic and foolish to people but everything to me!!. You have been my first everything.. and...I... and I want to  earn your trust." I snapped and was left breathless after my scream fest. I put my hand on my chest as if trying to control the beat of my painful heart before falling on the grass tiredly and looking at Pearl pleadingly.

Her face blank and she didn't respond just looked at me with silence.

"Pearl--" my voice cracked " Please."

I unconsciously touched the python necklace and her eyes flickered to it before a feeling of desperation flashed through her eyes so quickly I thought I was seeing things but she continued with her poker face and being a tough guy.

"Are you gonna tell me?"

"Neddy classes are already starting."

"Pearl I don't care... I care about your trust. You can't possibly tell me you don't trust me..that--" I swallowed painfully feeling my eyes water "---that you didn't feel anything.. the first time we met, the locker and--" I chocked before clearing my throat shakily "MacDonald's and...the orphanage..Pearl please." I pleaded  swallowing the part of me that wanted to strongly go to class and write down notes.

Pearl's face finally broke down to a look of desperation and sorrow before she hugged herself with her hands turning away from my face starting to shake uncontrollably making me frown before standing up to comfort her. She looked like she was crying with the gasps that left her mouth.

"Pearl I promise I won't tell anyone I just--"

She started humming and I swear it was the most breathtaking voice I've heard. It was so different from when she was carelessly singing on the orphanage gate..no this one was much more nicer and smoother almost like a desperate cry.

"I've been watching you for some time
Can't stop staring at those ocean eyes
Burning cities and naps of skies
Fittingly flaires inside those ocean eyes, your ocean eyes."

I was left breathless. Pearl's true voice was smooth and easy like the flower of lavender. Although I felt my vision blur I could tell she was shaking and when she turned with her lips singing that melody that left me breathless, her sight made my mouth dry because she was actually crying and her eyes screamed with fear... great fear.