Chp 27- The secret meeting

Neddy's POV

The secret meeting.

I watched Pearl leave the small restaurant with an angry face and twitching eyes. We held eye contact as she left with a man am sure Pearl's impressed with physically since he was perfectly buff and muscline.

I didn't know what I did to make Pearl so mad that she didn't greet me back. I was afraid that maybe she grew tired of me which was rather quickly and fast. I blinked back tears before finally finding the strength to break eye contact and finish my shift.

It felt like a long shift since I was thinking about Pearl and the letter my mother sent. I didn't even understand why she wrote such a painful thing that seemed to be written in a rush.

Neddy.

I have read all your stupid letters and shit they sound so boring, I was kinda hoping you didn't make any friends but I guess life happens.

It said but at the edge of the page which was folded said something different which confused me even further.

I miss you ok.. remember I never meant to do anything like that over the years.

The words were painfully written in a small amount of space.

"Neddy do you feel better?" Lenora asked again.

"Yeah." I whispered taking off my work outfit and picking up my bag.

"Please get better soon." She whispered kissing my cheek again as I nodded and walked back to the orphanage.

I couldn't stop thinking of Pearl's face, the way her eyes twitched and how her lips stayed in a sneer before she turned to face the brown guy who had the perfect appearance. It felt like she was choosing him instead of me and regardless of how she wasn't particularly labelling our relationship, I was hoping she would choose me.

The way her lips moved on mine left that craving sensation. Soft and glossy with her mint breath.

I opened the gate when I arrived at the orphanage then went straight to the library avoiding eye contact with anyone who thought of looking at me.

I didn't put on my tag or whatever, I just wanted to work,eat then go huddle up straight to bed. I arrived finding everyone working and I easily spotted Jonathan who was busy scanning over books. I ran to him making his head snap up before he smirked joyfully.

"Neddy hey." He greeted softly making me nod in greeting since words were kinda impossible at the moment. I placed my bag on the floor before helping him silently.

"What's wrong?" He asked after we had finished.

"Nothing at all."

"Oh come on little guy. You can't fool me because your eyes twitch slightly when you lie."

I signed looking at my feet.

"Someone precious to me suddenly became angry and it's kinda avoiding me." I said not wanting to hurt him any further.

"Well just talk to them and find out the problem. Oh and it's the person um..a friend?" He asked slowly on the 'friend' part.

"Um yes..he is actually funny." I said watching him raise an eyebrow.

"Is your friend gay?"

"No Jonathan." I said chuckling nervously before grabbing my bag and leaving to the made up cloth beds while he just stood there rigidly like he got some thrill with me saying his name.

I sat on the bed until it was dinner which was just rice. After that everyone went to the huge lounge for story time which I went along with but what Maria told me rang in my head countinusly.

"They have a meeting."

I bit my lip before telling a volunteer that I was going to the bathroom before I tip toed slowly to the library and stood nervously at the door before pressing my ear to it.

"Well." Jonathan's voice boomed through before chuckles broke.

"It happens that he is good at hiding and you're bad at coming to his rescue." Kathy was saying with a snicker.

"We'll talk about that later." Sneered Jonathan "The damn branch...I can't find it nowhere."

"You didn't have to search alone ya know.. because we have um people who can do that."

"Look is obvious that they would have a branch where there are like quiet places." Jonathan replied angrily "And how--"

"Look Jonathan stop your bitch fest and listen here. They come to School in charming cars and there is a driver whom I can't get a good view at..the symbol was there..nigga it was there."

"I just want them to fucking leave my host alone!"

"Yes and hold up is that a foot shadow near the door... someone...."

I gasped silently before running away as fast as my legs could take me and disappeared in the corner near the lounge before opening the door seeing the volunteer I told about going to the bathroom smile pointing at the sofa to which I sat at quickly as Maria smiled gloriously.

I inhaled to stop my increased heartbeat before hearing the small squak indicating that the door was open and in came Jonathan, triplets and Kathy who sat on the sofa with the other matured ones.

I pretended to be interested in the book with a blank face as Maria continued while thinking over what they said.

Which branch were they referring to, and that's the second time they mentioned branch.

Also what's the host they were talking about which made Jonathan so angry.

Story time ended as I waited patiently for the people to decrease and that's when they approached me making me swallow nervously.

"So how was the story?" Kathy asked eyeing my face carefully as I fake pouted.

"It was fine but I barely paid attention since am tired."

"Well sleep well nigga." Kathy said with a smirk as the triplets and Jonathan eyed me warily. I smiled before standing up and leaving as camly as I could fake since their eyes burned my back. When I was out of sight I inhaled nervously.

What's a host and the branch they are talking about?.