Chp 22- Bury a friend

I dedicated this chapter to Billie Ellish's song.. bury a friend.

Pearl's POV

Bury a friend.

"Well see you're back." I said watching him pale more while I raised my eyebrows.

"Pearl the School is closed."

I blinked before noticing how the parking lot is totally empty.

"Oh well."

Neddy still seemed pale and worried to answer or say anything.

"What?"

"I have homework." He said miserably making me raise a brow.

"So?..you can do it tomorrow anyway climb on and let me take you to the orphanage." I said making him snap his head so fast I thought it would fall down.

"Pearl.. how do uu know am from an orphanage?"

"I was there yesterday and even saw uu when the car passed by
..duh." I deadpanned but his face still held disbelief like he was thinking of something.

I just shrugged climbing back on the bike before feeling his bony fingers on my waist again. I had to control my tougne from moaning even though I felt the goosebumps.

"So um..I know this sounds odd but whose your father's name?" Neddy asked as we drove away from the school.

"Um...Kane... Isaiah Kane." I answered "why do you ask?"

"Oh just curious." He said and I didn't respond because I didn't know what to say to that. The rest of the ride was silent except the constant best of neddy's heartbeat. I finally saw that sign and stopped in front of the gate before waiting for Neddy to climb off first. Once he did, I climbed off with him before he carefully took off those glasses giving me the helmet.

"Um...thanks Pearl." He said nervously looking behind him.

"Yup." I searched my environment seeing a few people and some who minded their business not even looking at us so I leaned to his face perking his lips as his cheeks burned.

"You're welcome.. let's do it again next time." I said between little perks since his lips were soft and pink before i turned back and pulled on the helmet watching neddy fix those glasses that showed off his wide ocean eyes.

"Bye champ." I said before leaving him there as I went on my journey to those idiotic bastards. I finally arrived home.

Today was totally pure joy and I couldn't even describe it with words. The moment I entered the front door finding the whole family sitting around the lounge laughing with a guy who had dark skin and perfect abs..I gasped before running straight at him like a child as he grinned at my presence.

I didn't hug him though because he knew better than to touch me and shit. I just stood in front of him making sure that he couldn't get a view of the show or movie they saw.

Damn we come from afar even though I just called him days ago. I remember my dumbass scarring people by doing creepy shit heck and even my own brothers and sister were scared shitless since I did these creepy things.

Emmanuel found me interesting while everyone saw a horrible insect. He just straight up came to me and said.

"Bitch let's be friends."

I just blinked at him before raising my eyebrows curiously and didn't respond. Emmanuel kept following me around till I accepted him as a friend although I have decreased my weird acts, but that doesn't mean I won't do them again.