Chapter 11 Apologizing in Person

Xia Ning enters the office, and Ou Yixuan looks at her for a few minutes without speaking.

Ou Yixuan’s expression is complicated, and Xia Ning knows that he has a lot of questions in his heart.

“What’s your relationship with Yi Yunrui?” Eventually, Ou Yixuan takes the initiative in breaking the silence.

Xia Ning feels a little upset. She slightly turns her face aside, “Do you have anything to do with this?”

“Yes!” Ou Yixuan replies very positively, “Although we are not together, but we have known each other for eight years. I don’t want you to be deceived! Do you know who Yi Yunrui is? The commander of C region. The number of women who like him is countless. Xia Ning, you can’t afford it!”

Being deceived? Oh, she has been deceived for eight years.

Being disdained, Xia Ning coldly says, “It is better to be your ‘paramour’.”

Feeling awkward, Ou Yixuan’s tone is a little moderated, “Xia Ning, I am sorry, I failed you. But I want you to be decent. Our relationship is over. Ning, forget our past is good for everyone.”

Xia Ning frowns, then an unknown fire is ignited. Eight years! How can she forget by one word?! Oh, she is nothing in his heart!

“Ou Yixuan, don’t flatter yourself.” Xia Ning has never seen such a shameless person. Xia Ning takes out a necklace made from platinum with a dazzling diamond ring hanging on it, “I have already married Yi Yunrui.”

Ou Yixuan is frozen on the spot and does not respond for a long time.

“Don’t you believe it?” Xia Ning takes off the ring and puts it in front of him, “Look at it, this is a real diamond ring!”

Looking at the expression of Ou Yixuan, Xia Ning feels happy and suddenly understands the meaning of the phrase “I would rather cry in a BMW than laugh on a bike.”

This is the promise that Ou Yixuan could not fulfill.

Staring at the diamond ring, Ou Yixuan is shocked. After a long time, he recovers his voice, “When did you get married?”

“Two days ago.” Xia Ning pauses, “He made a call to you yesterday. It should have been a marriage leave, but I didn’t allow him to tell you. Yesterday we went to Hangzhou for a honeymoon. Today he returns to the army.”

Seeing Ou Yixuan’s disbelief, Xia Ning purses her lips. Everything happens too fast. Let alone Ou Yixuan, she herself now seems to be in a dream.

“Are you sure he loves you? Are you sure he can give you happiness? Ning, Yi Yunrui is the commander of C region…”

“Do you think that a military commander will make a joke about marriage?” Xia Ning says noncommittally.

Xia Ning’s words leave no room for Ou Yixuan to answer. After a long while, Ou Yixuan sighs, “I don’t want you to be hurt anyway.”

Be hurt!

Xia Ning holds back dirty words, “What is your intention that you told me to come in?”

“Will you still work at TIME?”

“Of course.” A woman must have her own career. She does not want to be a full-time housewife for the time being.

What happened these few days is undoubtedly an irony for their eight-year relationship.

Ou Yixuan pulls out one of the documents and puts it in front of her, “Since you are Mrs. Yi, this interview should be fine for you.”