Chapter 54 Don't You Ever Bully Her!

On the third day, Xia Ning leaves the hospital and goes back to Yi Villa directly.

When hearing that they are going back to Yi Villa, Xia Ning hesitates for quite a while. She knows that her mother-in-law doesn’t like her. She doesn’t know what to say to please her. She is not very willing to go. Yi Yunrui smiles and says that he will take care of everything. She knows that Yi Yunrui has made the decision and he seldom goes back to Yi Villa. Even though her mother-in-law doesn’t like her, she will bear it. Anyway, they are going to C city in two days.

To Xia Ning’s great surprise, she has not entered Yi Villa, while Zheng Yao has come out to welcome her. Zheng Yao smiles cheerfully and grabs her hands at once. She really feels flattered.

Before coming, she has prepared all kinds of strategies to deal with unexpected situations. Now, when meeting her, she cannot but be stunned with surprise.

They walk straight to the second floor. Xia Ning is surrounded upstairs till they put down the luggage. The mother-in-law and the daughter-in-law sit down together. Xia Ning smiles, “Thank you. Mom.”

Zheng Yao is surprised, “What do you thank me for?”

“I…I don’t bring any gifts with me, so…”

“Ah, what are you talking about? We are family. You don’t need to bring gifts. It is enough to have you here.” Zheng Yao holds her hands and pats on them.

Xia Ning is moved, “Mom, I am really sorry. I didn’t dare to visit you. I am really not good enough to be your daughter-in-law.”

“Let’s not mention the unhappy things happened before.” Zheng Yao holds her hands more tightly, “Mom is too suggestive. I heard something not real. It is not your fault. Mom just wants to have all our family here, happy and complete. That is enough.”

Xia Ning smiles and nods. She is going to say something else, when Nanny Huang comes in with a bowl of soup.

“The chicken soup is just done. It is best for health.” Nanny Huang puts the soup down by Xia Ning, “Your Mom knew you are coming today and got it prepared in advance. Let it cool for a while and you may drink it.”

Looking at the hot chicken soup, Xia Ning is moved, “Thank you, Nanny Huang. Thank you, Mom…”

“Well, again. You don’t need to be so polite! You are of the Yi family!” Zheng Yao says, pretending to be angry.

Xia Ning is shy. She glances at Yi Yunrui, who is sitting by her quietly. Suddenly, she is reminded of the familiar feeling. It is not like before. It is stronger, safer and more real.

She has got a home.

The mother and daughter-in-law have a joyful conversation. Nanny Huang gets the dinner prepared and Yi Xian comes back. Seeing that Xia Ning has recovered, he smiles to greet her.

Nine dishes and a bowl of soup are almost all Xia Ning’s favorite. Not waiting for Xia Ning to start, Yi Yunrui and Zheng Yao, as if they are in a PK game, keep picking foods for her, the foods in her bowl pile up like a small hill and rice below can hardly be seen.

Xia Ning is a food aficionado and she eats a lot. So, she finishes all the foods picked by Zheng Yao and Yi Yunrui. She also had a full bowl of rice. She is so full that she burps embarrassedly.