Chapter 40: The Unexpected Guest

“Director, President Li will be here soon. He asks to meet Miss Xia. What shall we do?” The secretary finds that Ou Yixuan’s face is covered with clouds and he realizes that his boss is refused.

Ten minutes ago, she received a call from Li Dezheng. He said that he would like to ask Director Ou to arrange a time to meet with Xia Ning. He is on the plane and will arrive in fifteen minutes. It sounds that Li Dezheng is anxious. She put down the phone and told Ou Yixuan at once. Now, it seems that the situation is not good.

To be honest, she has been the assistant to the Director for two years and she does not know that Xia Ning has such a strong background. The girl did not say anything about it. Now she caused such a big trouble. It is still not known who will take responsibility for that.

Xiao Tingting is the biological daughter of President Xiao. The president will definitely protect her. Ou Yixuan is the son-in-law of the Mayor and he will not take the responsibility either. While Xia Ning… However, it seems that Li Dezheng may fail to protect himself.

Ou Yixuan frowns and curls his lips without saying a word. What Yi Yunrui said repeats by her ears: Ning is too tired. She is sleeping…”

Too tired…

He clenches his fists. To his great surprise, he finds jealousy runs in his heart wildly and fiercely. It is the first time in eight years he is so frustrated. At the moment, he wants to fly to Xia Ning to get her back!

He thought that Yin Jingsi who is beautiful and elegant would take Xia Ning’s place. He was sure about that till yesterday. But now, it seems that he is too childish to think so!

He used to be proud of his reason and self-control. When he heard the words from Yi Yunrui, both his reason and self-control collapsed.

For eight years, she had always been there for him. He thought he had been used to her attendance and would be able to leave her whenever he wanted. Even at the moment he got married to Yin Jingsi, he had never thought that he might get hurt and be jealous for her.

He thought he was capable to put it down.

However…

Ou Yixuan closes his eyes and takes a deep breath. He controls the urge of smacking things and says to the secretary, “Bring President Li here when he arrives.”

Within several hours, it is said that people up there have begun to investigate the bribery issue of Li Dezheng. Seemingly Li Dezheng has got the information. He flies from Hong Kong to B city directly. It means that Li Dezheng is anxious and the incident is more than serious.

“Yes. Director.” The secretary responds and leaves.

After the secretary leaves, Ou Yixuan’s phone rings. Yin Jingyao Calls.

He feels his head aching. Ou Yixuan gets the phone, “Jingyao, what is up?”

“Brother-in-law, I am in Yi Villa. Aunt Zheng Ran and Tingting are also here. Will you tell me what on earth happened? Does Xia Ning make troubles again?”

Ou Yixuan strokes his forehead, “Jingyao, I am dealing with this issue. Please stay out of this.”

“What do you mean by staying out? I know Tingting for long and we are sisters. She is bullied now. What are you doing about that? Don’t you tell me that you are protecting Xia Ning?”