Chapter 81 All Are Harmful

Gu Luan flashes his eyes, “Well. Err, I gotta learn from Commander Yi when I have time.”

Gu Luan is punning, but he doesn’t make it clear. They two men look at each other and smile meaningfully.

Xia Ning blinks her eyes. It seems that these men are in a fight for something. She asks, “Director Gu, may I ask you a personal question?”

“Yes?”

Xia Ning hesitates, “Do you have a girlfriend?”

Gu Luan’s smile gets bigger. He shakes his head, “No, temporarily.”

“Oh.” Xia Ning nods, “Err, sorry. I am prying.”

“You are the Director of Entertainment News Program in our company. Being prying is a must.”

Hearing what Gu Luan says, Xia Ning twitches her eyebrows.

“Is Ning the Director of Entertainment News Program?” Yi Yunrui asks and looks at Xia Ning.

Xia Ning’s heart tightens. Yi Yunrui and she have always been independent in their works and seldom talk about those. Yi Yunrui knows that she is in charge of a department, but he is not clear about her exact position.

Yi Yunrui’s eyes flash. Xia Ning knows that Yi Yunrui must have some ideas.

“Ugh, I am a newcomer to the company. As a matter of fact, the entertainment news program involves a lot of activities and news will be updated frequently. It is quite a challenge to grab the latest news. So, I will cherish the opportunity given by the company.” Xia Ning explains slowly.

Yi Yunrui is silent. He doesn’t respond.

Aware of the awkward atmosphere, Gu Luan glances at his Rolex watch, “Hum, it is late. I am leaving for the company. Ning, have a good rest. If there is any important work, I will give you a call.”

“OK. Thank you.”

They say goodbye and Gu Luan goes back to the company.

Once Gu Luan is gone, Yi Yunrui stares at Xia Ning meaningfully for quite a while.

Xia Ning hesitates, “Don’t you…want me to be the director of this program?”

Yi Yunrui freezes his eyes, “You forget. What you should call me?”

Xia Ning’s heart jumps. She curls her lips, “Darling…”

“Hum.” Yi Yunrui nods with satisfaction. He sits by her side, “I know that you are capable enough to take this position. However, I am just… a little worried.”

“Worried about what?”

Yi Yunrui opens his mouth but doesn’t tell what he is worried about, “Nothing. I think too much…I am afraid that you can’t use your F3 temporarily. You may need to buy a new car.”

“Ah…” Xia Ning feels it is a pity, “I have used it for only half a month. Err.”

Yi Yunrui smiles and touches her forehead, “My Mrs. Commander, are you going to drive your F3 to interview the famous people? You will need to have a new car.”

Xia Ning thinks for a while, “Err, you are right. I didn’t think about this.” Her position changes, and so does her identity. She still keeps the idea she stuck to three years ago. Yi Yunrui is right. It is time to change.

C city is a new start for her. She can’t stick to the thought that she insists on when lives in B city. After all, everything moves on.

“Sweetheart.” Yi Yunrui strokes her hairs gently with his slim fingers, “No matter what you do, I will back you. As long as you think it right, I will take care of everything for whatever it may happen. So, don’t carry on too much pressure. Be happy. Will you?”