Chapter 27: Assistant to the Chief Editor

The next day, Xia Ning comes to the company early. Ou Yixuan has already made arrangement for the Chief Editor Office and for her working desk too. Xia Ning is uncertain. She comes to the office half an hour earlier to check if there is anything to follow up.

She is clear what it means to be the assistant to Xiao Tingting.

The office hour starts at half past eight and Xiao Tingting arrives at eight fifteen. She sees Xia Ning who says hi to her with a big smile, yet, she walks straight past her without a look.

Xia Ning blinks. Well, here starts the test from the organization.

When it is time to work, Ou Yixuan holds a meeting and specially introduces Xiao Tingting to everybody. Xiao Tingting is nice to everyone, except to Xia Ning.

Xiao Tingting is so indifferent to Xia Ning that Li Baoer frowns. In an instant, she understands how Xia Ming felt yesterday.

When coming back to the Chief Editor Office, the first thing Xiao Tingting drops to Xia Ning is telling her to re-organize the general information for the current working staff in TIME ERA TV Station

This general information, as requested by Xiao Tingting, needs to precisely show the details of three family members of the staff. It is not much different from a census.

Other information can be filled in little by little, but under the item of salary, Xiao Tingting throws a big difficulty to her and leaves her in great embarrassment.

Holding the data sheet, Xia Ning goes to the Finance Department, “Chief Editor Xiao would like to have the salary sheet of the working staff.”

The Financial Director hesitates for a while, “Chief Editor Xiao does not inform us about this sheet. May I give her a call and check?”

Xia Ning nods. The Financial Director calls Xiao Tingting and hardly has any conversation before hanging up.”

“General Editor Xiao said she did not ask for the sheet. Assistant Xia, I think you need to double check with her.” The Financial Director looks at her with alarm.

It seems that Xiao Tingting really sets her up. Xia Ning responds and turns back to leaves.

“Huh. She has just got the promotion and at once shows her identity. How dare she mention Chief Editor Xiao…”

People of the Finance Department are whispering. Xia Ning feels so bad.

Just at the moment, Xia Ning’s phone rings. It is from Xiao Tingting, telling her to make a cup of coffee and take it to the office.

Xia Ning makes the coffee and brings it to Xiao Tingting. Xiao Tingting takes a sip and pours it, “It is not sweet enough. Make another one.”

Xia Ning adds some sugar in the coffee and gives it to Xiao Tingting, but Xiao Tingting pours it again, “It is too sweet. Try again.”

And it repeats, Xiao Tingting tells Xia Ning to make a new cup of coffee again and again for all kinds of excuses. This making coffee stuff makes Xia Ning walk more than a dozen times.

Finally Xiao Tingting doesn’t torture Xia Ning with the coffee issue, but then she tells Xia Ning to learn the real truth of every piece of news, which is not considered to be Xia Ning’s work. With the order, Xia Ning starts running her legs for investigations among every scene, institution and residential area in B City.