Chapter 87 Proposal of Marriage

“Two days?” Li Baoer’s mother widens her eyes. She looks at them unbelievably.

Dai Zhongheng nods, “Yes, two days.”

Li Baoer rolls her eyes. She is done.

“Baoer!” The mother is angry, “Colonel Dai says that he has been dating you for two days. What happened?”

“I, I, it…” Li Baoer can’t think rationally, she wishes she could slap herself and faint, “It is two days. We are connected in these two days…”

“What is “connected”?” The mother can almost guess it right. She shouts, “What did you do? Tell me the truth!”

When it comes to this, Li Baoer blushes, “Mom. Can we not talk about this in this day and age?”

“You shut up!” The mother scolds and turns to Dai Zhongheng seriously, “Colonel Dai, we are ordinary people, not like you. But ordinary people have their dignity. Would you tell me honestly? What did you do to my daughter?”

Dai Zhongheng is surprised by Li Baoer’s mother, but he understands her as a mother. He honestly replies, “Auntie, Baoer is my woman now.”

The mother is shocked and looks at Li Baoer blankly. Li Baoer bites her lips. How she wishes there could be a hole for her to jump in.

“Good. It is good.” The mother takes a deep breath. She asks, “Colonel Dai, do you like Baoer?”

Dai Zhongheng glances at Li Baoer and nods, “Yes, I do.”

“Do you love her?”

“…” Dai Zhongheng is quite confused. Is the mother playing words game with him? “Yes…I do.” If not, how would they be together?

The mother darkens her face, “Colonel Dai, please answer my question honestly. Do you love Baoer?”

Dai Zhongheng finds her angry. He can’t help taking a cold breath.

This aunt looks bright but is tough when she is serious.

“Yes. Of course.” Saying this, Dai Zhongheng gives Baoer a tight hug with the hand holding her.

“Ugh!” Baoer is shocked by Dai Zhongheng’s sudden action.

He loves her?

Why doesn’t she feel it?

Wait. Doesn’t he have a girlfriend…Oh, no, a girl he likes!

The mother lowers her eyes and takes a sip of the tea. She asks slowly, “Then does Colonel Dai plan to marry Baoer?”

Dai Zhongheng hesitates and thinks for a while, “Yes. I will take the responsibility.”

Hearing what Dai Zhongheng says, the mother darkens her face, “Colonel Dai, if you plan to marry her only because of responsibility, as her mother, I don’t agree to your marriage!”

The mother gives her speech heartlessly. Dai Zhongheng is shocked frankly.

Not agree… Shit! Did he say something wrong?

Seeing that Dai Zhongheng is confused, the mother continues, “Marriage is not a child game. Marriage is for a whole life. If two people haven’t built the relation well before marriage or if they are forced to marry because of some reason, I don’t think the marriage will last long. If it can’t last, I would rather it doesn’t happen.”

Dai Zhongheng is lost in his thought after hearing what the mother says.

Marriage is for a whole life.