He Lies To His Friends About You

I'm hanging out with Payton in L.A., we're sitting in his hotel room on his bed since our parents wouldn't let us share the same room. My head is laying on his chest and he has his arms wrapped around me, a few minutes go by.
Payton: Hey do you mind if a few of my friends come to hangout?
Ava: I don't care. Who's coming over?
Payton: Chase, Joey and Jackson.
Ava: Who's Joey?
Payton: Joey Birlem. He lives here and he wanted to meet.
Ava: Ohh okay.
Payton: When do you want to let everyone know we've been dating? No one knows yet.
Ava: I don't know. It's still only been three months. I thought you said you told Chase and Jackson?
Payton: Oh uh yeah. I-I did. I told Joey too.
Ava: Why'd you stutter? *laughs*
Payton: Cause you find it funny.

He smiles at me and I smile back at him, an hour goes by and there's a knock at the hotel room door. I sit up and Payton gets off of the bed, he opens the hotel room door and Chase, Jackson a boy with brown/blonde hair. They sit down on the couch while Payton walks over to the bed, he sits on the end of the bed.
Joey: Who is that?
Payton: Oh that's Ava.
Ava: Hi.

I smile.
Joey: Hi.
Chase: What should we do?
Jackson: We could watch movies.
Payton: That seems so cliché.
Chase: Well what else should we do?
Payton: I don't know.
Joey: I say we watch 22 Jumpstreet.
Jackson: Oh that's a good movie.
Payton: Okay. We'll watch that then.

Payton comes back up to the head board and sits next to me, Joey, Chase and Jackson sit on the couches. Payton turns on the tv and goes to On Demand, when he finds the movie he clicks on it and we start watching it. A few minutes go by and I scoot closer to him, I lay my head on his shoulder. He scoots away from and takes my head off of his shoulder, I look at him confused. I turn my head and look at the tv again, I lay back down. 2 hours go by and the movies over.
Joey: We should go walk around the mall for a bit.
Payton: Okay.  

We all stand up and walk out of the hotel room, we walk down to the lobby and walk outside. We get into Joey's car, Joey sits in front along with Payton. I sit in the back between Jackson and Chase, Joey starts driving to the mall. We get there 10 minutes later, he parks his car and we get out. We walk inside and start walking around, a little bit goes by and I go to grab Payton's hand. He instantly lets go of my hand and pushes it away.
Payton: Yo quite trying to grab my hand and shit. We aren't together. *laughs*

I look at Payton, tears gather in my eyes.
Payton: Are you really gonna cry about it? That's stupid. I don't like you like you like me so you need to stop. *laughs*

I go to say something but I choke on my words.
Payton: What? You can't think of anything to say?

He laughs again, I push him and turn around. I walk to the entrance of the mall, I wipe my tears and walk outside.
Chase: Hey wait up.

I turn around and see Chase, he walks over to me.
Chase: What was that all about? Why'd you just grab Payton's hand?
Ava: You know why. Payton told you, Jackson and Joey.
Chase: Told us what? I'm confused.
Ava: Me and Payton have been dating for three months and no one knows but he said he told you, Joey and Jackson.
Chase: He never told me that. I had no idea that you guys are dating.
Ava: Then he lied.
Chase: Why would he lie to us about you guys dating?
Ava: I don't know. I don't think we will be dating after the crap he just pulled though.
Chase: Oh. Where are you going?
Ava: Back to the hotel. He just completely embarrassed me in front of you guys and whoever else heard it and I don't want to be around him.

Chase hugs me, I hug him back.
Chase: I'm sorry he did that, it was rude and uncalled for. Can I come back to the hotel with you?
Ava: Yeah. If you want to. 

Chase breaks the hug and we start walking back to the hotel, 25 minutes go by and I'm laying down on my bed in my hotel room while Chase is sitting on the couch. There's a knock at the door and I stand back up, I walk over and open it. Payton walks into the room and Chase stands up, he walks out of the hotel room.
Chase: I'll let you guys talk.

I shut the door and lay back down.
Ava: You're a real jerk.
Payton: I'm sorry-
Ava: Payton you lied. Sorry isn't going to fix that. You didn't tell anyone that we were dating. That's why you wouldn't even let me hold you hand. Why did you lie to your friends about us?
Payton: I don't know. I'm sorry though.
Ava: There's clearly a reason. Are you ashamed of our relationship? Are you embarrassed of me?
Payton: No. I guess I was just scared of what my friends would think.
Ava: I know we've only been dating for three months but I think we need to break up already. You were so rude to me today all because you didn't know what your friends would've thought of us. And guess what Payton, who cares what they think of us. It only matters what we think of each other. Not no one else.
Payton: Ava I'm sorry okay. I didn't want them to hate you.
Ava: Who cares if they hate me. It only matters what you think.
Payton: I know but I don't want them to hate you.
Ava: I don't think they would hate me. I was already friends with Chase and Jackson before we started dating.
Payton: Well I didn't want Joey to hate you.
Ava: I could care less of what Joey thinks of me! Payton you were so rude! You didn't need to do that and if you really are sorry call them down here and tell it straight to their face that we are dating.
Payton: I-I can't. I don't want to.
Ava: Then we are done. We aren't together anymore so I guess what you said earlier is true. Go away.
Payton: I want to continue this conversation.
Ava: I don't.

I stand up and push Payton towards the door, I open the door and push him outside into the hallway. I shut the door and lay back down.