☆7

Could it have been too late to save them

"Help me!" Renjun cried out, picking up his sisters head and layed it on his lap

"Help me!" Renjun cried out, picking up his sisters head and layed it on his lap. He stroked her hair, urging her to wake up. Sicheng had accompanied him, gasping at the sight.
"She's still breathing, hurry we need to take her to him." He ordered, gently helping Renjun pick Yuji up.

Renjun's thoughts travelled back to the words from the nurse.
"Once they meet, they must keep physical contact, or be in the same area as each other to heal their wounds. It is obligatory for them to heal or the worst can happen."

As fast as they could, Renjun placed Yuji in the backseat, laying her head in his lap as Sicheng started the car and took off into the direction of the dorm.
They both were running out of time.
Donghyuck was coughing up blood, his eyes were unable to open and the slightest of movement sent him in agony. The rest were waiting anxiously, not fully understanding the reason of Renjun's sudden exit out of the dorm.
Yuji could feel it, she could feel Donghyuck's pain, unconscious or not. Their souls were intertwined, fated to be together. But they were too late.

Or were they?

"Fuck, we're in traffic

"Fuck, we're in traffic." Renjun cursed, feeling the metaphorical timer looming over Yuji's head, ticking away. She was still unconscious, her form looked weak, she looked on the brink of death, her fingertips ice cold.

By the time they parked into the car park, Renjun was sobbing. His heart shattered at the feeling of his sister leaving him- it couldn't happen. He wouldn't allow it. The journey to the dorm felt like forever, the girl in his arms as cold as ice, dead to the world.

"Wake up Princess, he's here, I found him." Renjun begged, following Sicheng into the door where he was bombarded with many faces and confused expressions.
Sicheng took the time to explain whilst Renjun's sight blurred, he layed her on the couch and took off the blanket from around her.
Everyone was gulping down their anxiety and fear, the possibility that it was too late still loomed.

"Let me." Jaemin offered, picking Yuji up and walking over to Donghyuck's room, Renjun and a few others following suit. Renjun scanned the room, several bloodied tissues layed around and Donghyuck himself was unconscious.
They both were.

"It has to work right?" Chenle voiced, eyes frowning in sadness. Jisung clung onto his arm, scared by the situation. Kun came up from behind them and ruffled both their hairs.
"They'll be fine, don't worry." Kun guided them towards the kitchen and made sure they were less shaken up.
"I can't believe it's her, who would have known." Doyoung questioned, gripping tight of his own soulmate, not able to imagine his life without her- it would be hell and torture.

Meanwhile, Jaemin settled Yuji on the empty space of the bed, right side of Donghyuck, Yuji's arm fell over her soulmate and the tattoos on both of them shone with gold accents, making the boys squint.
"It is the soulmate bond?" Mark asked in awe, watching how the tattoo came to life.

"Yes, they are starting to heal."

Everyone had left the room, leaving them alone to progress

Everyone had left the room, leaving them alone to progress. The first to wake up was Donghyuck, the weight over his abdomen was enough to wake him up after his brain had involuntarily shut down to sleep. Yet he was still tired, more better than before though. His eyes fluttered open slightly but closed straight away, flinching at the light.

Donghyuck felt his hand resting on something soft and warm, the heat felt very calming and serene.
But his brain tried to piece his senses together, wondering what it was.
The feeling of hair tickled at his neck and chin and he slowly looked down.
A feminine arm was resting over his stomach and a head was placed in between his neck and shoulder.

The tingling sensation danced over his skin and the tattoo was nothing like before, it wasn't uncomfortable, yet it was completely the opposite. The comfort of the Golden streaks that moved throughout it made him feel warm inside.

It made him feel alive.

Without even looking, he knew who it was.

It was his soulmate.