☆27

Yuji had lost all hope when she couldn't find him, sky rumbling with thunder and her hair matte to her face, sniffling as she retreated back home, heart in her throat

She had just about given up, when the slightest of movement from the corner of her eye made her heart lurch and stop momentarily.

Her breath hitched as she watched the person walking, isolated and alone. His head was down with his hood pulled over it, immersed in his own thoughts. She gasped, sighing of a great relief and tears glistening to her cheeks as the rain interlaced with it. Red nosed and flushed cheeked, she ran towards him, the desperation sinking in as the wind sliced against her.

He heard the sounds of feet pattering on the ground but hadn't even the chance to fully look up when a body was thrown onto his. Yuji's arms locked behind his neck as her legs hooked around his waist. Donghyuck relaxed once he felt the touch of his soulmate, stabilising her as she clung onto him, cold and upset.
Her face was buried in his hood, the cold tip of her nose brushing against his neck and her breaths hitting him on rhythm.

He wasn't expecting her to be here, especially at 11pm, but he felt much better with her here, though he didn't say it.
"Where were you?" She exclaimed through her tearful voice and the warmth of his neck brushing against her lips as she spoke. Donghyuck adjusted the girl so he was holding her more tightly.
"I was so worried!" She cried, pulling back from him and he looked up at her, the tears on her face struck him guilty and he took in her appearance.

"You're going to get sick." He said, brushing the wet hair out of her face, to which she shook her head out of his grip.
"Where were you?" She replied, her hand slipping into his hood and hooking around the nape of his neck, fingers brushing against his hair, making him shudder slightly.
"I was just on a walk."
"For hours? Donghyuck I thought something happened to you!"

Reluctantly, he placed her into her feet and she looked up at him with a slight pout, recollecting herself and drying her tears. Donghyuck had taken the chance to slip off his coat and the warmth of it around her shoulders startled her.
"No, no you keep it." She insisted, starting to take it off yet he grabbed the jacket and put her arms through the holes, zipping it up fully and placing the hood on her head.

She gazed up at him whilst he was doing it, wondering where he had been.
"Where were you baby." She said softly, resting her fingers on his soft, cold cheeks.

He stopped what he was doing and swallowed hard, shocked.
"I-i went to visit my parents." He stumbled over his words but recomposed himself.
Yuji nodded, and smiled softly, feeling better now he was here.

She slipped her fingers through his and they both walked hand in hand.

"I'll see you tomorrow." He said, releasing her fingers however she tightened the grip and pulled him closer, making him confused. He watched as she unlocked the door and pushed him into the silent apartment.
"Come on." She urged, taking the jacket off and hurrying over to the kettle.
"Sit down." Yuji instructed as the water heated up.
She took this time to run to her room and quickly change her clothes, drying her hair with a towel when she re-entered the living room to see Donghyuck making the hot chocolate.

"You didn't have to." She said, thanking him as he handed it to her.

"Drink up, you're going to get ill."

"I should really go

"I should really go." Donghyuck said standing up from the chair in her bedroom, they had been talking for a good 20 minutes but it was nearing midnight and he reached out for his coat.
"But it's late and the rain is really bad." She said, watching as the lightening lit up the room. Donghyuck sighed and shook his head.
"It'll be fine."

"No, shut up." She said, to which he quirked a brow at. Sighing, she placed his coat back down and pulled him to the other side of the room and next to her on the bed.
It took him a few seconds and he shot back up.
"I can't stay here-"
"I'm not going to kill you or anything." She rolled her eyes.
"No your brother will kill me." Donghyuck shook his head at the thought and Yuji pulled him back down again.
"Please just sleep here tonight, I'll go sleep with Jun if you feel uncomfortable." She said, getting up to leave but he stopped her by her wrist.

"It's okay."

Yuji smiled and jumped into her bed, snuggling up to the covers as Donghyuck hesitantly joined her, stiff as ever. She giggled and pulled herself closer to him, throwing an arm over his midriff and a leg over his own, the ethereal feeling lulling her to sleep.

"Goodnight Hyuckie."

"Goodnight Angel."