☆11

Stolen glances and heart aches

"Are you ready to go?" Donghyuck asked, placing his cutlery on the plate, Yuji nodded in reply and stood up, tucking the chair back in after her

"Are you ready to go?" Donghyuck asked, placing his cutlery on the plate, Yuji nodded in reply and stood up, tucking the chair back in after her. Donghyuck also stood up and quickly put his jacket on to walk to the till.
Yuji gasped I'm realisation and tugged on Donghyuck's sleeve.

"I'm so sorry, I didn't bring m-money-"

"No, don't worry I've got this." He said, pulling the money out and handing it over to the cashier. All the while, her fingers still gripped the end of his sleeve, feeling herself getting weaker.
Donghyuck bid the woman goodbye and walked towards the door, noticing the weight on his arm, he looked back to see Yuji's fingers clasping his jacket.

Yuji realised he'd stopped walking and she looked up to see his eyes drawn to where she was holding. She quickly retracted her hand and apologized.
"Ah sorry!" She said, bowing slightly, to which Donghyuck frowned at.
He opened his mouth to say something but the words never came out, instead he sighed and opened the door for them both.

After exiting the café, they both walked fairly far from each other, the awkwardness still lingering. He cleared his throat and began to speak.
"You and Renjun must be close."
Yuji looked up from her trainers.
"Hm?" She paused for a minute to understand what he said.
"Oh yes." She answered, feeling her ears once again turning red, to which she ducked her head down more to avoid him noticing.
"How did you meet?" She stammered, wanting their bond to strengthen- and she knew effort was required.

"Hm, we actually met through some friends and we just got closer over time, we definitely were enemies at first though."

Yuji's nose scrunched up and she looked up at him.
"E-enemies?" She inquired, her Chinese accent making the ordeal cuter. Realisation came upon Donghyuck.
"Oh, I forgot you aren't Korean, but your Korean is really good." He commented.
She shrugged.
"Uh, I'm not good- that's why I seem...shy? Yes shy." She felt her cheeks heating up, not used to speaking this much Korean but she was trying her best. Though she didn't want to embarrass herself.

"I'm sorry if it's annoying."

Donghyuck's lips quirked up at her mispronunciation of the word annoying and she misunderstood it- thinking he was making fun of her.
"Oh wait-" he caught onto her sad expression.
"No, I didn't mean it like that its- uh.." he racked his brain for any recollection of Chinese he knew.

"It's cute."