☆44

"So they said we should apply for college during March, we can't procrastinate any longer

"So they said we should apply for college during March, we can't procrastinate any longer." Yuji declared, sitting besides Donghyuck on their shared desk.

"Who cares about that right now I don't even know how to do school work." He exclaimed and Yuji rolled her eyes.
"We only have 1 month of school left (because they're in their last year) and we need to start applying. Donghyuck threw his head back in frustration and the two of them began to do their homework.

Yuji's tongue poked the inner part of her cheek as she concentrated, face lighting up once she figured out how to work it out. Donghyuck peered at Yuji, entranced by her everlasting breathtaking beauty.
She had really saved him from destruction, however he couldn't lie- sometimes the overwhelming amount of emotions that he suppresses takes a toll on him. Yuji had a way of allowing him to forget all of that.

Donghyuck's mind travelled back to when she met his parents, his Mother opening up for the first time since Dongyul's death. His mother had a hard time believing the death of her son and sometimes her mind is still stuck in 2017- thinking her son will walk through the door and press a kiss to her cheek as his twin also came in, a kiss to the other cheek- their Mum bubbling with giggles.

But that was articles of the past, a mere memory that was slowly fading away with time.
The one thing occupying his mind was how much more time was left?
"You okay?"
Donghyuck snapped out of his trance, not even realising the tears that watered his eyes and he nodded. Yuji was peering up at him with concern in her eyes.

"I'm okay." He said, sniffing slightly as his nose became runny and the pressure on his heart developed.
Yuji frowned and placed a gentle hand on his shoulder, leaving her work unattended and focusing herself on her Soulmate.
"Hyuck-"
"I'm okay." His voice wavered, trying to assure her, but also himself. Under her gaze he became more vulnerable and he suddenly pushed back his chair, standing up.

Yuji also stood up confused and concerned.
She watched as Donghyuck began walking towards the door and her heart ached profusely.
She strided towards him quickly, wrapping her arms around his front, jerking him back from leaving.

"I'm fine." He gritted out, trying to stop the tears from falling. "Let go."
Yuji's shook her head and rested her cheek on his back, feeling it heave up and down as he began hyperventilating.
It was happening again.

Donghyuck shook his head over and over, trying to escape her grasp, wanting to run away, the urge of wanting the lighter in his hand and the cigarette between his lips.
He broke from Yuji's grasp and stumbled towards the window, his hands leaning on the windowsill as he panted, choking on his sobs whilst doing so.

He was mentally kicking himself for showing this side of himself, knowing she didn't know what was going on.
"I-" he managed out, squeezing his eyes shut, the wave of heat passing through his body and ears ringing.
"A-anxiety- panic at-"
"Shh." Yuji cooed, gently rubbing his back, not wanting to invade his personal space.

"It's okay, just breathe for me okay? You're doing great." She repeated softly, leaning up to open the window with her free hand.
"I c-can't." He coughed out, arms trembling and he gave up on standing, letting himself fall to the floor and against the wall.

Yuji's eyes filled with tears and she shook them off, focusing on Donghyuck, kneeling in front of him and bringing him into her- his ear resting against her chest. She trailed her fingers down his back as he tried to regain his breath, the sound of Yuji's heart beating lulling him into calmness.
His body was still shaking and Yuji managed to help him stand up, bringing him to the bed and tucking him in, quickly joining his side and he subconsciously cuddled into her. His hand hand touched her exposed hip- to which she slightly shivered at but she continued to comfort him.

She layed on her back, humming slightly as his eyes began to become heavier and his breaths returned to normal.
"Love you." He mumbled out, cheek squished against her as he drifted into a sleep.
"I love you too Donghyuck."