☆21

He slowly pulled back from the kiss and didn't make any plans to look away from her, instead he looked directly in her eyes

"I'd never be ashamed to be with you, if anything it's the opposite- I'm blessed." He whispered, a ghost of a smile almost hitting his lips but he managed to keep it low key.

Donghyuck took his eyes off the girl in front of him and saw everyone gawking at them. He rolled his eyes and adjusted his bag that was on his back and also leaned down to hold Yuji's bag.
"Don't you guys have lives to life?" He called out, interlocking his fingers with Yuji's and walking out of the school gates with her.

"YAH HUANG YUJI YOU BETTER COME HOME BEFORE 6 OR IM GOING TO-" Renjun's voice drowned out as they we're out of ears reach. Yuji giggled and Donghyuck smiled at the purity in her laugh.
They walked hand in hand for a while, until they reached the same park as before.

"You know," Yuji started, walking over to the swing. "For the record, I've never thought any of those things about you." She clarified, making sure everything was clear. Donghyuck sat on the swing next to her and looked down at his feet.
"You do know that right?" She asked once more, waiting for him to answer.

But when she didn't get one, she frowned and got up and crouched down in front of his, her hands on his knees and head tilted to look at him.
"Hey." Her soft voice made him glance up at her and the emotions within him made his fingers itch to grab his cigarettes out of habit.
"I would never think anything like that towards you." She shook her head for emphasis and ruffled his hair as she stood up.

The familiar tune caused her face to light up and Yuji gasped at the sound of the ice cream van.
"I'll be right back." She yelled as she ran towards the van. Donghyuck looked between the girl and his pockets, the overwhelming urge making him give in and stand up and move to where he wasn't extremely visible.
He felt guilty, yet he still did it and little did he know, she already knew he was doing it.

The taste upset her greatly and her excitement diminished.
With two ice creams in her hand, she walked up the small hill and paused when she saw him doing it again and waited for him to finish. He had quickly put it out with his food and turned towards the girl, not realising she had been there the whole time.
Now he felt increasingly guilty but didn't have words that say, instead she offered him an ice cream but didn't speak otherwise.

They both sat on the swings and now a silence hung over them.
"I've tried." He broke the silence, watching as the sun began to set. Yuji turned her attention towards him.
"I've tried to stop smoking I mean." He explained, running a hand through his hair.
Yuji didn't comment on it, she only waited for him to continue. Donghyuck sighed and ran a hand over his face.
"I just keep going back to it, it's just how i- how I cope." He explained nervous.

Yuji didnt judge him, she was only upset as he was affecting his health yet she knew everyone had coping methods, each different to the rest.
"I understand, but surely there is another way without harming yourself?" She suggested, to which Donghyuck shook his head.
"Nothing works."
Yuji thought hard for a second, wondering what he could do to cope now and she tapped here finger on the metal frame on the swing.

"What about if you just...rant to me." She suggested, to which he shrugged.
"I don't know."
"Why not?" She asked, finishing her ice cream as the sunset progressed.
"I don't think- I don't know I just usually keep it inside I guess?" He shrugged and Yuji frowned, standing up and holding her hand out.

"You can always come and talk to me you know." She assured to which Donghyuck nodded too, both getting ready to leave.
"And so can you." He concluded in reply.
It was getting darker and colder and Yuji stayed closer to her soulmate as they walked home.

Yuji slipped her hand up his arm until it came to the crease of his arm, to where she held onto it- feeling secure with her arm interlocked with his.

Maybe they were starting to get somewhere.