☆26

Donghyuck didn't really know why he was here, but he had found himself gravitating towards the house he grew up in

Donghyuck didn't really know why he was here, but he had found himself gravitating towards the house he grew up in. The once fresh green grass was now dead and broken, the flowers has withered and the paint job on the house had been tainted with dirt.

The sight of the familiar front door sent Donghyuck's heart clenching and with heavy feet he walked towards the door, the stairs creaking as he did and he flinched as his fists met the door. Whilst debating with himself to whether it was a bad idea, the door creaked open and Donghyuck's ideas of leaving didn't partake.
As he looked up from the ground, he came face to face with his father, slightly different from what he remembered- just a few more grey hair and sullen eyes. His father scanned him in disbelief, momentarily frozen at his Son returning after a whole year.

"Haechan-"
"It's Donghyuck Dad." He said, feeling the traumatic memories resurfacing. His father observed him but stepped aside and let him in. Clearing his voice, Donghyuck took off his shoes and remincsed. Everything was the same, the same scent, the same plants- everything was left untouched. The pictures on the wall was most difficult to look at, so he avoided them.

"She's in the living room." His father said with sad eyes, gazing at his son who felt like a stranger at his own home. Nodding slightly, Donghyuck took off his cap and walked into the room, head bowed slightly when he entered.
She sat in the chair looking out the window, slightly rocking in it while humming. The TV droned on in the background, just there to filter the silence out.

Donghyuck cleared his voice, startling his mother as she turned her head towards him, eyes piercing through his own and Donghyuck gulped at the sight of his Mother. She gasped loudly, clambering up and hands covering her mouth.
She slowly walked towards him with her hand outstretched.

"Dongyul." She breathed out, fingertip hovering over his cheekbone. Donghyuck sighed and looked down at his mother with extreme sadness lingering in his eyes.

"It's Donghyuck, Mum."

"Ah Dongyul-ah do you want some Tea? You've grown up so much, you look good as an 17 year old

"Ah Dongyul-ah do you want some Tea? You've grown up so much, you look good as an 17 year old." She exclaimed, picking up her cup that shook vigorously in her hand.
"Mum, I'm 19 now."

Her head snapped towards Donghyuck and her demeanor change, the cup fell spilling to the floor.
"What?" She replied harshly.
"No you're not." She stated, no longer happy and light-hearted.
Donghyuck sighed and realised his mother was still ill.
He placed a hand on her knee to which she shook off.
"I-i don't know you. Who are you? Why are you in my house?" She began panicking to which her husband came rushing in by her side.

"Calm down, it's okay-"
"Who is he! Get him out!" She yelled, trashing against her husbands grasp. Shocked, Donghyuck stood up away from his Mother. His Father turning towards him with serious eyes.

"I think you should leave."

"Pick up God damnit

"Pick up God damnit." Yuji murmured, biting her nails as she dialed his phone once more. Frustrated, she threw the phone onto the sofa and her patience ran out.
Harshly shoving the phone in her pocket, she looked at the clock that shon brightly with the numbers
22:32
Her eyes fell between the clock and the door; her mind not even weighting out the possibilities when she grabbed her shoes and coat and locked the door behind her.

It was raining- a lot when she stepped out and the cold air hit her hard. But none of that mattered, she ran off towards the direction of the park, hoping he was there.
Panting and tears gathering, there was no sight of her soulmate, and her heart pained more. The pattering of her feet sounded all the way to his shared apartment to which a confused Johnny confirmed that Donghyuck wasn't here yet and before he could question her, she was off.
The sharp rain fell down on her as the darkness loomed, enclosing her in anxiety.

"Where are you Hyuck, please be okay."