☆16

It was the end of Yuji's first day at school and so far she hadn't made many friends, sure she'd talked to people but nothing too serious

She was walking alongside Chenle, the rain pouring down on them and no one had an umbrella. Chenle scrunched his face up at the feeling of the rain hitting their faces, the wind making everything worse.
Yuji stood with the orange haired boy, he was kicking the ground gently with his foot while they both stood- freezing.

Suddenly, the tickling of her throat forced a cough out of her, followed by several more and resulting in a coughing fit.
She was hunched over, coughing violently when Chenle panicked.
"Yuji Noona? Are you okay? Do you want some water?"
Through her now, subdued coughing, she shook her head and swallowed the scratchiness in her throat.
The taste of cigarettes raised the bile in her throat and a look of disgust took up her features.

She put two and two together and realised she was tasting exactly what Donghyuck was.
"Can soulmates taste what the other one does?" She asked, irritated- knowing he was currently smoking.
Chenle looked up thoughtfully as he tried to recall his soulmate lessons.
"Hm, yes I think as time goes on, soulmate bond gets stronger."

With a sigh, she disregarded the bag off her shoulder and it fell on a heap on the floor, her coat was soon off too and she was gone in the direction of her room.
Shutting the door behind her, she was enclosed in the cosiness of a cocoon she called her room.
Breathing out with relief, she flopped down on her bed and puffed out air of frustration.

Alcohol.

Was the next thing she tasted and the irritation grew and grew.
"YUJI COME AND EAT, WE ORDERED FOOD!" the voice of her twin broke her out of her thoughts and she reluctantly dragged herself out of her room and the cold air swayed past her when she breezily ran down the stairs.
Upon entering the kitchen, Chenle and Renjun were also now joined by Jeno and Jisung.

"Oh hey." She acknowledged and walked towards the fridge to pick up a drink.
"Where's Jaemin?"
Jisung shrugged and picked up the video game controller, him and Chenle walking to the living room.
"He's probably at home."
"Ohh." She replied. "Do you all live together?"

Jeno shook his head.
"The house you saw, only a few live there. Donghyuck, Taeyong, Jaehyun and Johnny."
"How come?" Yuji asked, grabbing a slice of pizza.
"Because they decided after college they'd live together, you know how boys are." Jeno answered but still Yuji had trouble making sense of it.
"Donghyuck isn't in College yet." She pointed out, her brows drawn down in confusion.

Jeno and Renjun exchanged a look and before she could interrogate more, the conversation was changed.

D o n g h y u c k

"

Alright man, see you later yeah?" Ray said, fist bumping Donghyuck as he stepped on a cigarette to burn it out. Donghyuck nodded in response, returning the gesture and watched as they all one by one started leaving.

"Haeun is probably waiting for me, she's not too happy with the whole smoking thing." Minho said, stepping on his own cigarette.
"It's not like she knows you're doing it." Donghyuck laughed, taking another drag.
Minho scoffed and pushed his shoulder lightly.
"You're so out of it man, once you get a soulmate you'll know init." Minho watched as the younger one reached out for more alcohol, to which Minho snatched it out of reach.

"I do." Donghyuck slurred slightly, reaching to grab it. Minho quirked up a brow.
"I think you should stop drinking bro, you're actually so gone."
Donghyuck chuckled and swayed side to side.
"No- I mean...I do have a soulmate." Donghyuck said in an obvious tone, attempting to act like it was a known fact.
"Wait you're being serious?" Minho's jaw dropped and Donghyuck took the time to grab the alcohol. He took a big gulp of it, swallowing then answering with a nod.

"T-the girll- you knoww. The one you gave the c-cig to." He stumbled over his words, grinning at the effects of the drugs. Minho eyed up the boy and realised who he was talking about. The new girl he had met outside of the girls bathroom.
"Why didn't you tell me dude." The tattooed boy scoffed, snatching the alcohol bottle out of his hands and into the trash.

"What the fuck dude!" Donghyuck yelled, lunging to the bin, to which Minho stopped him.
"Donghyuck...yo man listen- Donghyuck!" Minho yelled, pushing him against the wall.
"Get a hold of yourself man, you shouldn't be drinking and smoking this much, especially because-"
"Don't tell me what to do!" Donghyuck spat, shoving the boy off him and swinging the backpack over his shoulder.
Through his rage, he angrily barged his shoulder past Minho's and kicked the bin over.
And like that he was off into the cold rain.