Chapter 2 - Continue The Legacy

Victor Estelle

I put my brush down and walked towards the door. I opened the door hoping that it will be one of the neighbours but it turned out to be my father, Elliot Estelle who disowned me 24 years ago.

"What are you doing here?" I asked completely not welcome with his sudden visit.

"We should talk inside, I don't want us to make a scene in this poor neighbourhood." I let him with his two bodyguards in and prepared tea for them. I brought the tea cups into the living room and put it on the table. My father looked at my paintings and then he proceed to sit down.

"Do you know that your daughter was trying to apply for a scholarship in CASS and London Business School?" My father asked and that surprised me. Amanda wanted to go to a business school? I looked at my father coldly and he let out a dry laugh.

"I'm guessing she didn't tell you about it. I can say that.. she has my blood, Victor." He said smirking proudly.

"Even if she does go to one of the two, I bet she won't take over your business." I said confidently and his face darkens.

"I'm here not to have a debate with you, Victor."

"But it looks like you come here for it."

"I'm willing to pay her school fees, so she doesn't need to work or go crazy to get a scholarship."

"Why don't you tell her about it yourself?" I raised my eyebrows and he leaned foward to reach for his cup of tea.

"I did but you know that she got your temper so that's why I decided to go straight to you. I want you to cooperate, I know you want to send her to the best school but.." He looked around the house, "you've got not money."

"It's for her own future but she has to take over Estelle company once she graduate." He added and I shook my head.

"No thanks.. but I'm sure we can find another way to go into that school. I don't want my daughter to be involve in your games." I hissed coldly and he sighed. He sat up straight and he looked at me seriously.

"I'm not getting any younger, Victor. I'm not as healthy as you think I am. Ever since you decided to pursue your stupid dreams, I'm still busy working hard to continue that company."

"And now you want to use my daughter to continue your legacy?"

"She's been living like this and she doesn't deserve it. She can have anything in life if she come back to where she's originally belong." He smiled and I looked down to the ground thinking about it. She does deserve to be happy instead of stuck being with me in this small and old house.

"She will be inheritance all of my money, property, company and even houses all over Europe as long as she comes back to where she belongs."

"She's turning 18 and it's not my choice to decide for her. Let her decide for herself." I said because in the end of the day, it's her life and I can't decided everything for her.

"Well.. I guess we have to wait for her then."

"She will comeback from school in an hour." I said as I checked the time.

"So.. we'll wait." He said and I nodded. I got up from my seat and decided to go painting again. I don't care if my father was watching me painting, I love painting because it makes me happy. I love to express my feelings through it.

"You can comeback too.. if you want." My father suddenly said out of the blue. I turned to him and I saw him giving me a check on the table.

"I don't need that." I said and he turned to me.

"I have cancer, Victor. I'm dying.." I dropped my brush and my heart was pounding to fast. I never hate my father, I just hate his character. He's not the best father figure either that's why I don't want to be like him to Amanda.

"The doctor said that I only have 2-3 years to live and I don't want to waste any of it. I started to find Amanda first and that's when my PI told me that she was looking for a scholarship." I got up from my seat and sat back on the sofa facing him.

"I know it's selfish to say this but I want you and Amanda back home. Come back and let's just forget everything that happened in the past." He said and I can clearly see the pain and sadness in his eyes. That explains why he's turning bald, I bet he went to a lot of chemo to heal his cancer.

I still love my dad even though I hate him for disowning me. He was just disappointed at me because I was his only child and I can't even continue what he had work hard for decades.

"Instead of us going there, how about you live here with us." I said and his eyes widen.

"This is an old house.. you can live in the mansion. We have maids and Amanda can have he-"

"Live with us, I'll take care of you." I said and my father turned silent.

"Father, I'm back and I bring y-" Amanda stopped whatever she's trying to say when she saw her grandfather.

"What are you doing here? Don't tell me t-"

"Starting from tomorrow, he will live with us." I said and Amanda's eyes widen. She dropped her plastic bag and she looked at her grandfather suspiciously.

"Why? You lost all your money now?"

"Amanda!" I bursted and she turned to me.

"What? He disowned you and he tried to take you away from me. Why are you taking his side?"

"Your grandfather has cancer." I told her the truth and her face changed that second.

"What?" She didn't see that coming.

"And you're going to CASS or London Business School too." I said and she turned to me in horror.

"He told you that? Father, I can expla-"

"At least, your grandfather will die happily knowing you will take over that company." I said cutting her again.

"Father.."

"Thankyou." I heard my father said and I turned to him. He smiled to me and then he turned to Amanda.

"You'll be a great businesswomen, Amanda."