Chapter 21 - A Way

William Nielsen

"You called me, father?" I turned to my son and gestured him to come to the window. I looked at Logan with his bestfriend laughing and playing with Coco.

"What are-" My son looked out the window and he sighed.

"Logan is clearly fell in love with that girl." I said and I turned to my son.

"She's going to be a businesswoman, father. I don't want my son's future wife to go back and forth to another country to work. I want her to stay by his side all the time." My son said.

"He's happy and there's no doubt that she loves him too. It's written all over their eyes." I said as I turned my attention back to the young ones.

"That's why we have to arranged marriage him."

"She's perfect for Logan, Val. No matter how much you try, it won't work." I said but my son shook his head.

"We're not having this conversation, father. He's my son and he's under my control so he'll marry someone else whether you like it or not." He said and he walked out from the room.

I walked out from the room and went out to the garden. Logan saw me and he grabbed the girl's hand walking towards me. Coco ran to me first and I patted her.

"Grandfather, this is Amanda. Amanda, this is my grandfather." I turned to Amanda and she bowed to me politely.

"Your Highness, it's nice to meet you." She smiled widely and Logan turned to her.

"I'm not King anymore and besides.. I'm not that old fashion, so.. call me William." I said.

"Can I?"

"Of course! Why not? How's your flight?" I asked.

"It was good. I was so nervous coming here." She said and Logan put his arm around her waist. It was obvious that Logan is so protective towards her.

"How long will you stay here?"

"2 days, I hope you're okay if I stay here."

"I forced her to stay here. I want to spend more time with her." Logan said and I nodded.

"Of course, the palace has a lot of rooms so you don't need to worry." I smiled and she smiled shyly.

"The palace is really beautiful."

"My grandfather re-designed it, he's an architect." Logan said and Amanda's eyes widen.

"It's so beautiful. You're a great architect." She said as she gave me a thumbs up. I chuckled and I saw Logan looking at her completely admiring her. It was so obvious that this boy is crazy for this girl.

Amanda is a simple girl. She's beautiful even though she doesn't wear a lot of make up. She doesn't wear luxury brand from her head to toe and it's obvious that she's not friends with Logan because he's a Prince. I can see that she's genuine and sincere about their friendship.

"Have you eat lunch yet?" I asked.

"Yes, Logan cooked me pasta earlier."

"Logan never cook for me.." I said and Amanda turned to Logan disbelief.

"You never? You're mean, Logan."

"What? He's picky." Logan said and Amanda shook her head.

"You have to cook for him." Amanda said to Logan and she turned to me, "He's a really good cook." Amanda pointed her finger at Logan.

"He always cook for himself.." I joked and Logan chuckled.

"You're so picky and I cooked you once but you said you don't eat seafood. He's hard to pleased." Logan hissed and I laughed.

"I'm old, Logan. I can't eat everything like you."

"You should match his taste." Amanda glared at Logan and Logan pouted.

"Don't give me that look." Logan said and Amanda shook her head.

"I'll make sure he'll cook for you soon, I'll guarantee that." Amanda smiled to me and suddenly Logan was being called by his father. Logan looked at Amanda and she gestured him to go.

"I promise I'll be quick, have a chat with my grandfather." Logan said and Amanda smiled.

"Take your time." Amanda said and Logan walked away.

"Do you mind strolling around the garden with me, Amanda?" I asked because it looks like this is the best opportunity for me to know her better.

"May I?" Amanda politely asked me if she can hold my arm and I nodded.

"Do you have a sibling Amanda?"

"No, I'm the only child. I live with my grandfather and my father." She answered.

"I heard that your father is a painter, is that correct?"

"Yes, he's a painter and he's so passionate about it. Maybe I can show you some pictures of his masterpiece." She said and I nodded. She took out her phone from her bag and showed it to me. I was surprised because her father actually a good painter.

"He was supposed to take over my grandfather's company but he refused it. He wanted to be a painter so bad."

"How about you? What's your dream?" I asked.

"I want to be a successful businesswoman and take my grandfather's company to a whole new level." She answered and now I understand why Logan doesn't take a further step. He knew her dreams and he doesn't want to ruin it.

Poor Logan.

"So you're going to college soon?" I asked.

"I was going to but my grandfather suggested me to work right away so I've been working with him ever since." He answered and I nodded.

"Well.. I'll pray for your success, Amanda." I said and she smiled.

"Thankyou so much."

Now I get it. Logan knew about her dreams and he doesn't want to ruin it for her. Not only that, it seems Amanda has the same feeling towards Logan and she doesn't want to ruin it for Logan because he's going to be King soon. Looking at the situation now, it's impossible for them to be together.

This is a tragedy.

No wonder Logan was a wreck when he left London. This girl was the reason behind it. He loves her so much that he doesn't want to take her dreams away just for him to be happy.

I hope you both find a way to be together.