Chapter 17 - Grow

Logan Nielsen

I waved my hands to Mandy from inside the plane. Mandy waved back at me and she smiled. I felt like my heart was cut into pieces. The plane moved and Mandy was slowly fading away. Tears starting to fill up my eyes and I cried.

I don't care if all my guards inside the plane saw me crying, I don't care. I wanted to stay in London so bad. I tried to stay strong in front of her when the truth is that my heart was hurting so bad. My breathing pattern got shorter that it's was hard for me to breath normally.

I cried my heart out and the airplane took off at the same time.

After crying for awhile, I looked out to the windoe blankly. The air stewardess asked me if I want anything and I immedately shook my head. I took off my seatbelt and walked into the room. I sat down on the bed and opened the scrapbook that Mandy gave me.

I smiled looking at the photos and I can't help but trying to laugh remembering our funny moments. After that I closed my eyes and laid on the bed.

Last night, I couldn't sleep.

I kept thinking about my life without her in it. I can't imagine it. I really can't imagine it. But now we have to go to our own path because this is the reality. I'm the future King of Denmark and Mandy will take over Estelle company sooner or later. We can't be together even though we try to.

It's our destiny, we have our own dreams and fate.

"Your Highness, we're going to land soon. Please be seated." I opened my eyes and I saw one of the guards walked into the room. I got up slowly and I just realized that I fell asleep. I nodded and he walked out from my room. I stood up and checked my appearance through the mirror and walked out.

I sat down and looked outside the window. I could see the land already and after a year in London, I'm back home. I can't even describe my feelings now.

We landed safely and I got out from the airplane right away. I got into the car right away to go to the palace. I took out my phone to call Mandy to tell her that I already arrive.

"Hello." I smiled hearing her voice.

"I just arrive in Coppenhagen, I miss you already." I said.

"Yeah.. I miss you too. You should see your family first and then take a rest. We can call at night." She suggested.

"Okay."

"Logan, I miss you too." She said and I ended the call. I put my phone into my pocket and I looked out the window to see the city. I miss Denmark, I miss Coppenhagen but.. I miss London more. I just arrived a few minutes ago and I already miss London.

After 30 minutes drive, I arrived at the palace. I got out from the car and walked inside. My parents already waiting for me at the living room with a big smile on their faces.

"Father. Mother." I greeted them politely and hugged them both at the same time. They both hugged me tightly and I missed the so much.

"It's good to have you back, my son." My mother said.

"I miss you, Logan." My father said and I turned to him.

"Miss you too, father."

"So.. are you ready to start a new chapter of your life?" He asked as he put his hands on my shoulder.

"Yes." I nodded and his smile faded.

"I have some work to do, I'll see you for dinner." My father said and he left the room.

"I told the maid to prepare us tea, let's go to the back." My mother said and she linked her arm to mine as we walked towards the garden at the back.

"Did you cry?" My mother asked and I didn't even want to answer that question.

"You miss that girl already?"

"Yes." I answered honestly and my mother looked at me sadly.

"You know that you're a future King right? You have to focus to learn how to be a King." My mother said as she caressed my cheek.

"I know that I'm a future King but why you and father don't allow me to have a friend like her?" I asked completely frustrated. I know that the reason that they didn't let me to go to university there was because they're afraid that I won't comeback to Denmark. They knew that I care about Mandy so much to the point that I kept negotiating when will I go back to Denmark.

"You know why." My mother simply said and I sighed.

"I will go to London every once a month, mother. I will stay there for 2 days to visit my friend. I hope you and father can understand that." I said and my mother sat down. She gestured me to sit and have a tea with her when I have zero mood to have a tea.

"You can't." My mother said.

"I'm not asking for a permission." I said seriously and she turned to me disbelief.

"She turned you like this."

"Like what, mother?"

"You're being impolite and acting like a brad!" She bursted angrily and I shook my head.

"You both are impossible! She's just my friend, what's the big deal?"

"You're in love with her!" My mother snapped and I looked straight into her eyes.

"What's wrong with that? Is it just because I'm a future King and I have to marry a woman who came from a royal or a noble family?" I asked trying to calm down instead of getting angry.

"Yes and besides she's going to a businesswoman. You know you can't marry someone who wants to be a businesswoman instead wanting to be a Queen. To be a Queen, she has to stand by your side to rule and mingle with the people!" She's right. My mother was right. Mandy's dream was to be a successful businesswoman and I don't want to ruin that.

"Love can grow, Logan. You'll learn to love another woman in no time." My mother said as she picked up her tea cup.

"Love can't grow that easily, mother. I can't never find another woman like her."