Chapter 47 - Team

Logan Nielsen

Me and Linnea smiled widely to the crowd who came to our engagement party. Yes, we're engaged. How? Our parents wanted us to. I know that Linnea trying to hard to smile when she wanted to cry so hard inside because Isaac and his family happened to come to the engagement party.

But she was strong enough to keep control of her emotions that she acted like nothing happen.

I kept assuring her that everything will be alright as long as I'm beside her and she's glad that I said that.

People were congratulating us and we even cheered for our happiness. The news spread like a wildfire and everyone didn't see it coming.

"Cheers.. to our shitty life." Linnea said as she raised her glass of champagne in front of me. I chuckled looking at her and drank my champagne too.

"Linnea! I'm so happy for you!" Natasha Calland, or should I say.. Isaac's mother came to Linnea and hugged her.

"Thankyou so much." Linnea smiled even though I know she doesn't want to.

"I can't believe you two are getting married!" Natasha squealed as she turned to me and gave me a brief hug. Natasha's husband, Mario, congratulated us too.

"He still has the guts to come here, he's crazy." Linnea hissed coldly and I knew she's talking about Isaac.

"You were right.. Isaac hurt me more than Raphael. I should've known, I thought he's different." Linnea added as she turned to me looking at me sadly.

"Well.. I'll be your husband, remember? I'll take care of you." I said even though I hate myself for saying that.

"No, you won't. You and I won't get married. I don't want to tie you down when you're clearly in love with someone else." Linnea said as she kept smiling to the crowd.

"I don't know.. It's been 4 months and we still.. not talking." I said as I looked down and Linnea poked my arm.

"We'll find a way. At least one of us needs to have a beautiful happy ending." I turned to her and she smiled.

"Congratulations." We both turned our heads at the same time to see Isaac standing there in front of us. He has his eyes on Linnea but I bet Linnea has her eyes on somewhere else.

"Thanks, Isaac. Any wise words for our marriage?" I asked pretending not to know the relationship between them.

"You're a lucky man." He said and I heard Linnea scoffed disbelief.

"I am, thanks." I said as I patted his upper arm. He kept his eyes on Linnea and I decided to walk away from him.

"You okay?" I asked as I turned to Linnea.

"Yeah, I'm fine. I just need air.. that's all." I nodded and we both decided to go out to the balcony. She took off her tiara and she looked at it blankly.

"I can't do this anymore, Logan."

"What?" I asked and she turned to me.

"Please help me.." She looked straight into my eyes and I looked at her confuse.

"What? Help you what? Why?" I asked panicking a little because her expression didn't look good.

"I want to runaway." She said as her tears filled up her eyes. I quickly pulled her into a hug and she cried in my arms. My heart was hurting for her because she's been suffering too. We both have been suffering from our own heartbreaks and then we have to carry the biggest burden as a royal on our back too.

I know it's not easy for me and not easy for me too but we both don't have any other choice. We only have each other now and I don't want Linnea to do stupid things anymore.

"There there.. you'll be alright. I'm here." I said as I patted her back calming her down. She released the hug and I tried to wipe her tears slowly because she's wearing makeup.

"We have to be strong.. remember?" I said smiling to her and she nodded. I held her hand and we both walked back inside. We talked to some people and tried to smile as much as we can for all the guests tonight.

Me and Linnea were separated to mingle with other people but I kept keeping my eyes on her once in a while. It's hard to put a smile on my face when I'm not genuine happy.

I turned my head to find Linnea and she's talking to Isaac now. I quickly walked to her and grabbed her hand. Isaac turned to me coldly and I smirked looking at him.

"So Isaac, how's Norway?" I asked.

"Good." He answered and Linnea linked her arm to mine.

"So.. what did you two talk about?" I turned to Linnea and she smiled to me.

"Isaac here.. he wanted to give me an advice how to be a perfect wife for my future husband." Linnea said sweetly and Isaac looked at her disbelief.

"Oh? Thanks man." I said as I patted his shoulder and he shot me a dead glare.

"I mean.. I told him if he wanted to give me an advice about how to tumble in bed, I told him that I already know. We screwed each other once, isn't that right darling?" Linnea asked and I nodded. I leaned closer to her ear and whispered 'great job'. I turned to Isaac and he looks like he's ready to kill me in seconds.

"So.. since you like traveling.. any advice where to go to our honeymoon?" Linnea asked Isaac but he kept his mouth shut ever since I stepped into the picture.

"Yeah.. any suggestions?" I asked Isaac and he turned to me.

"Linnea! Congratulations!" Before Isaac can answer the question, Autumn North came into the picture and hugged her tightly.

"Thankyou so much.. and you're late!" Linnea said to Autumn.

"Sorry.. but look at you.. so beautiful!" She squealed as she looked at Linnea from head to toe. I coughed a little and Autumn turned to me.

"Congratulations to you too, Logan!" Autumn said and she gave me a hug. My eyes saw Isaac walking away from us and I smirked.

Me and Linnea made a great team..