Chapter 30 - Scandal

Amanda Estelle

Me and Logan rarely fought and now we just had our biggest fight. My heart was hurting because I don't understand him at all, how can he be that selfish? I can't stand to be here so I decided to pack everything and told my secretary to buy me the earliest flight back to London.

I tried to sleep but I can't. Logan's words kept ringing on my ears and now I found myself strolling at the hotel garden. I looked at the sky and there's a beautiful moon shining brightly.

"I'm sorry." I turned to see Logan standing there and I ignored him.

"Go back to your room, I don't want to fight with you." I hissed as I leaned my body to the bench.

"Please Mandy.. I'm sorry." He said as he sat beside me and I shook my head.

"I can't believe you're acting like that earlier, Logan."

"I was out of control. I mean.. what do you expect me to do?" He said and I turned to him disbelief. I got up from my seat but Logan pulled me into a hug.

"Please.." He said as he hugged me tightly.

"Why are you being like this, Logan?"

"I'm sorry." He's not answering my question.

"I just want to keep you around, Mandy. I was so afraid to lose you." He said as he released the hug and I looked straight into his eyes.

"Why are you so afraid? We will be bestfriends forever." Although I want more, I want more than just a friend to you.

"I'm sorry, please.. don't be mad at me." He begged as he held both of my hands and I sighed.

"Fine.. but you promise me you won't talk me like earlier again." I said and he smiled nodding. He pulled me into a hug again and he caressed my head.

"I promise." He whispered and I hugged him back. I closed my eyes and I felt like crying all of the sudden. I love him so much that I can't handle it anymore but I don't have a choice than have to hide it. I'm happy to spend time with him, be with him and be able to touch him but I can't have him. I can't have all of him.

"I wish things were different." I whispered as I patted his back.

"We both want that.. but we don't have a choice right?" He answered and he's right. Somehow we know that we want something from each other but we can't have it.

"My heart hurts, Mandy. So please don't.. do things that make my heart hurts." He said and I released the hug completely don't understand.

"I didn't hurt you, Logan. You're the one who's being a jerk to me." I hissed.

"You told me that you'll end our friendship." He said and I felt bad instantly.

"I was so mad at you!"

"Okay.. let's don't talk about this again okay? I'm sorry." He smiled as he pinched my cheek.

"I'm going back to London at 8."

"Why so fast? You told me that you extend your stay here.." He said and I glared coldly at him.

"I was pissed so I decided to go back early." I said as I turned my body to walk away from him.

"I extend my stay too.. please stay." He stopped me but I kept walking back to the hotel.

"Mandy.. come on!"

"No." I said as I pressed the lift button.

"Mandy, you can't do this to me. I miss you and we have to spend time together." He said and we walked into the lift together. I tapped the card and pressed my room floor.

"I'm tired.." I said as I closed my eyes leaning to the lift wall.

"I'll tuck you to sleep." He said and I opened my eyes looking at him flatly.

"You should.." I hissed and we walked out from the lift. There's some guards watching us and we quickly walked towards my room. We walked inside and I threw my body to the bed right away.

Logan threw his body beside me and I closed my eyes. I felt Logan pull me into his arms and I slowly begin to.. sleep.

"Mandy.."

"Hmm?"

"You're sleepy?"

"Hmm."

"Go to sleep then.."

"Hmm." He said and I fell asleep after that.

I woke up because my phone rang and I opened my eyes slowly. I found Logan sleeping beside me and I quickly looked for my phone. I stopped the alarm and when I was going to text my secretary that I'll be extending the stay, I saw my father flooded me with text messages.

I opened the message and my eyes widen. I looked at the article in horror and I gulped nervously. I turned to Logan and woke him up.

"Logan!"

"Hmm? I'm sleepy." He said but I smacked his arm hard.

"Mandy!"

"You have to get up.. here look!" I said giving my phone to him and he opened his eyes slowly to read the article. His eyes widen and he turned to me.

"Who took this?" He asked.

"How should I know?"

My father texted me that there's a lot of article of me and Logan hugging at the garden. We were holding hands and looked at each other with love when that's not the real scenario.

Prince of Denmark and The Granddaughter of Estelle are in love?
Prince of Denmark is in love?
Two Love Birds have a midnight stroll.
And other clickbait titles.

I can't believe this and now we both won't be able to extend the stay. I got up from my bed and sighed.

"What should we do?" I asked.

"We can't stay here. We have to go back and settle this." He said and I nodded. I turned to him and he was biting his lip looking at the wall blankly.

"Let's not comment anything about this.. Let them assume."

"I think your parents will make a statement." I said and he turned to me.

"Let them.. but let's not comment about it. Let them assume."

"But why? I will ruin your image and-"

"Mandy! I'm not arguing about this.. Let's just stay silent." He looked at me seriously and I found myself nodding.